Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Hi from UK

Old 10-27-21, 08:02 AM
Sasakisan

Bikes: Dahon Mu Uno 2013

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi from UK

Hi everyone,

I'm Kaori and just joined in the forum. I've been riding on my Dahon Mu Uno since 2014, but this model sadly discontinued .. I'm hoping to meet knowledgeable people in this community who would could share some tips and advice to keep my bike running.
Old 10-27-21, 02:15 PM
10 Wheels
Galveston County Texas

Bikes: 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1346 Post(s)
Liked 1,236 Times in 617 Posts
Welcome from as Texas Road Rider.

Old 10-27-21, 11:32 PM
loved666

Bikes: Trek 4300

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Welcome Kaori
Old 10-31-21, 03:09 PM
rootesgroup

Bikes: 1952-ish BSA Sunbeam, 1964 Schwinn Fleet, 1964 JC Higgins, 1970s Sears Step-Thru, 1969 Raleigh Sunbeam, Late 40's Raleigh Rod Brake, Late 40's BSA Sunbeam

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Welcome Kaori

Greetings,
First, let me say that I am a bit envious of you in that you are in the UK, home of a great biking heritage. I would like to get a copy of "THE ILLUSTRATED HISTORY OF SUNBEAM BICYCLES & MOTORCYCLES" by ROBERT CORDON CHAMP and all the available copies seem to be in the UK. The prices are very reasonable but the shipping cost to the US from the UK is absurd.

For maintenance search through these forums for good advice and dive in. I have recently been involved in going through several bikes that had not been maintained for decades (at least) and they were a mess. It was actually quite amazing that they held up as good as they did considering they were, for the most part, never maintained. I like the new synthetic grease and I purchased a bulk lot of new bearing in different sizes from ebay and that helped a lot.

Having the right tool for the job is always a huge help too.

Again, welcome. I am kinda new to this form too and I have found it really helpful.