Search
Notices
Northern California Northern California

I've got Sac envy!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-22, 07:50 PM
Korina
Happy banana slug

Location: Arcata, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way

Bikes: 1984 Araya MB 261, 1992 Specialized Rockhopper Sport, 1993 Hard Rock Ultra, 1994 Trek Multitrack 750, 1995 Trek Singletrack 930

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1533 Post(s)
Liked 1,527 Times in 915 Posts
Originally Posted by stardognine
It does seem like they're concentrating their efforts, to get Sacramento done first, huh? 🤔
I'm in the top left corner of the state, so it's a different "they". The entire county of Humboldt only has 136,400 people, so a much smaller tax base.
Old 10-23-22, 02:30 PM
stardognine
Partially Sane.

Bikes: Soma Saga, pre-disc

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 972 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 468 Posts
Here's what I meant, a ramp for the park rangers, so they can drive up onto the MUP & terrorize people. 🙄😉
Old 10-29-22, 10:13 PM
3alarmer 
Friendship is Magic

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Quoted: 26400 Post(s)
Liked 10,373 Times in 7,202 Posts
Here's what I meant, a ramp for the park rangers, so they can drive up onto the MUP & terrorize people. 🙄😉

...if there were not multiple fire suppression access points to the American River bike trail, by now the whole thing would be a smoking pile of ashes. You have to take the bad with the good. I saw a couple of what looked like either park ranger or sheriff deputy types on trail motorcycles, jetting around up in the Hagan community park back in July. Not 100% sure what they were doing in there, but they were not riding on the paved trail or roads. They were just buzzing around all over the place.

Doubtless they were looking for scofflaws and illegal fireworks users.
Old 10-30-22, 05:23 PM
stardognine
Partially Sane.

Originally Posted by 3alarmer
...if there were not multiple fire suppression access points to the American River bike trail, by now the whole thing would be a smoking pile of ashes. You have to take the bad with the good. I saw a couple of what looked like either park ranger or sheriff deputy types on trail motorcycles, jetting around up in the Hagan community park back in July. Not 100% sure what they were doing in there, but they were not riding on the paved trail or roads. They were just buzzing around all over the place.

Yep, I was mostly referring to the "regular" park rangers, who lock & unlock the restrooms, among other things. Some of them use electric vehicles now, that are very quiet, and they can be right behind you, without you realizing it. That's all I meant by terrorizing. 😉
Old 01-17-23, 06:28 PM
stardognine
Partially Sane.

Status report. As of this afternoon, the progress is still progressing. 🤪😉

It seems they had some extra visitors today, no idea what that was about. 🤔

I'm quoting myself, to get that pic in this post, so youseall can see where the progress de-progressed to better. 🙃

I'm sure a lot of dirt washed away, but hopefully, the rocks are still there. 🤔
Old 01-18-23, 01:32 PM
Korina
Happy banana slug

Location: Arcata, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way

Bikes: 1984 Araya MB 261, 1992 Specialized Rockhopper Sport, 1993 Hard Rock Ultra, 1994 Trek Multitrack 750, 1995 Trek Singletrack 930

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 1533 Post(s)
Liked 1,527 Times in 915 Posts
@stardognine, hopefully they'll take the hint and move the trail.
Old 01-26-23, 08:05 PM
curbtender

Bikes: Miyata 618 GT, Marinoni, Kestral 200 2002 Trek 5200, KHS Flite, Koga Miyata, Schwinn Spitfire 5, Mondia Special, Univega Alpina, Miyata team Ti, Santa Cruz Highball

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 1607 Post(s)
Liked 2,581 Times in 1,221 Posts
Originally Posted by 3alarmer

A friend who worked for the local PD would take out his motocross to patrol the back trails around town and another friend got deputized so he could ride with him. Sounded like more fun than work.
Old 08-20-23, 02:59 PM
Rick_D

Bikes: Litespeed Firenze, Spot Acme, Specialzed S Works Pro Race, Davidson Stiletto, Colnago Superissimo

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked 295 Times in 168 Posts
Sacramento's Del Rio trail construction continues. It follows an old rail line and will connect the existing Sac River levee trail that runs between Broadway/Miller Park and Sutterville @I-5, to Riverside Blvd at a point where presumably, one can get back onto the Sac River levee and ride into the Pocket-Greenhaven. I have not scouted the Riverside end but have followed the rest the route, which is being graded and street crossings prepared. It helpfully will sidestep the current mess one has to navigate exiting the levee trail and head past the zoo--they're cantilevering a new path alongside the existing train bridge to cross the freeway away from traffic. Very excited about this feature.

https://sacramentocityexpress.com/20...ogress-so-far/

FWIW if you take the levee north through Miller Park, you can continue until Discovery Park and mile 0 of the American River Parkway. Then it's twenty-something miles to Beales Point on Folsom Lake. And if that's not riding enough, go on to Folsom, to SR 49, to Auburn through the canyon, then circle back. In a previous life....

Cheers,
Rick
Likes For Rick_D: