Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

My Fnhon STORM

Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

My Fnhon STORM

Old 03-23-22, 10:19 PM
GTA

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 79 Times in 37 Posts
My Fnhon STORM

I built up my yellow Fnhon STORM recently. The frame is made of CrMo 4130 steel, so it is not very light, approx. 9.4kg w/o pedals.
It is considered to be a leisure bike for short distance riding, so not many widgets are installed.
It has flat bar, ETRTO451 wheels, hydraulic brakes and 10s drivetrain, which together provide a brisk and agile ride.

Old 03-24-22, 04:44 AM
joey buzzard

Bikes: Swift Folder, Haro Vector, Sundeal V1 mini-velo,1991 Peugeot 531 Reynolds road bike with Campy wheels and Ultegra 6600 groupset

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked 167 Times in 96 Posts
Originally Posted by GTA
I built up my yellow Fnhon STORM recently. The frame is made of CrMo 4130 steel, so it is not very light, approx. 9.4kg w/o pedals.
It is considered to be a leisure bike for short distance riding, so not many widgets are installed.
It has flat bar, ETRTO451 wheels, hydraulic brakes and 10s drivetrain, which together provide a brisk and agile ride.

Very nice! I think I'd probably destroy those wheels in about an afternoon and a half of riding though.
Old 03-27-22, 09:35 PM
GTA

Originally Posted by joey buzzard
Very nice! I think I'd probably destroy those wheels in about an afternoon and a half of riding though.
Aha~ Do the wheels seem weak for you? But I don't think so, as long as the rider weighs less than 90kg.
I am 85kg, and have been riding this bike for a couple of weeks. So far so good.
Likes For GTA:
Old 03-28-22, 03:42 AM
Fentuz

Bikes: Dahon Jetstream p8 (sold), customized Dahon Helios x10, customzed Dahon Smooth Hound x9,customized Dahon Hammerhead 8.0 d7, Planet X Free Ranger (mullet setup 1x11), Planet X Giovanissimi 20 (1x9), Frog 52 (1x9) and Frog 48 1s

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked 221 Times in 162 Posts
Originally Posted by GTA
Aha~ Do the wheels seem weak for you? But I don't think so, as long as the rider weighs less than 90kg.
They seem similar to the kinetix comp pro that came with dahon Mu SL and premium tern Verge. these bikes were rated for 105/110kg load so like you say, if less that 90kg, it should be fine.
I rode light gravel/hardpack on kinetix pro with kojak and the load was about 78/80kg (70 + work bag with laptop etc.).
Old 07-03-22, 12:23 AM
Ron Damon

Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked 537 Times in 331 Posts
Originally Posted by joey buzzard
I rode a 16-spoke front wheel for years. I even toured on it, and the thing remained intact and true throughout.
Old 07-03-22, 06:24 PM
willydstyle

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked 54 Times in 33 Posts
<10 kg for a folding bike with gears and disk brakes is actually pretty dang light. I like it.
Old 07-05-22, 08:51 AM
jfouellette

Bikes: 1999 Bike friday NWT, 2009 Bike Friday Tikit, 2023 silverock Dewy, 2008 Dahon Smooth Hound, 2023 Litepro Trifold

Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked 228 Times in 138 Posts
I built one last winter with some parts from my old Dahon Speed.
Old 09-16-22, 01:04 AM
Nikolay

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by GTA

Could you please advise how this frame could be purchased online and shipped overseas? I can't find these frames on Aliexpress...
As well, when I entered fnhon.com, I found only V-brake version of the storm frame.
An additional question: it seems you are using 28-451 mm tires; could you please measure radial and sideways clearances at the: (a) fork crown, (b) seatstays bridge, and (c) chainstays bridge? I consider installing thicker tires - I got 44-451 tires from Vee Rubber.
Thank you very much!
Old 11-30-22, 09:39 PM
GTA

Originally Posted by Nikolay
Could you please advise how this frame could be purchased online and shipped overseas? I can't find these frames on Aliexpress...
As well, when I entered fnhon.com, I found only V-brake version of the storm frame.
An additional question: it seems you are using 28-451 mm tires; could you please measure radial and sideways clearances at the: (a) fork crown, (b) seatstays bridge, and (c) chainstays bridge? I consider installing thicker tires - I got 44-451 tires from Vee Rubber.
Thank you very much!
if you are in contact with any FNHON dealer on Aliexpress, perhaps you can just ask him if this frame is available.
regarding the tire width, I have tried 35-451 and there is no problem at all, but I am afraid 44-451 doesn't fit any more. on the other hand, the bottom bracket will be too much elevated is your tire is so wide. Maybe you can consider 406 (for example, schwalbe big apple 50-406) tire instead.