Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

Helmet stink!

Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

Helmet stink!

Old 09-12-21, 07:40 PM
Vintage Schwinn

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked 388 Times in 254 Posts
My wife and I saw a recent segment on LIVE WITH KELLY Ripa & RYAN Seacrest, which had some expert demonstrating how to remove Tough Stains and difficult to remove Odors from Clothing & Fabrics. It was on the television but I was not paying too much attention as I was gonna flip the channel to CNBC but my wife said this guy that looks like one of the three stooges is doing some amazing stuff removing stains and stink from Fabrics & Clothing, wait until this part of the show is finished before you flip it to the market.

No joke, the guy had a Spray Bottle that was filled with VODKA. He said any brand of Vodka, the cheapest, least expensive will be great for this......and then he said something like: "Did You Know That VODKA will remove ODORS and when it dries there is absolutely no odor of Vodka and absolutely No Offensive Odor remains....just spray the item with Vodka, ( just like spraying Windex on a window or something).........but with the VODKA spray, you just spray the item and then you just let it naturally dry........that is all that you gotta do..............the odor will have disappeared. "

My guess is you might be able to find that segment from LIVE with Kelly & Ryan on the Youtube at some point if not now.
I did see "the Stooge" mention that to get one particular stain out he said you want Oxygen Bleach and he got a tiny scoop of white powder that looked like Coke-cane, or Sugar...... and he dissolved some of it in a very small cup of water and then used that with what I think he said was a horsehair brush.....looked sort of like a minature shoe polishing brush.......and then after he wet the stain and brush he worked the wet brush across the stain a few times and he was able to remove it. You'll have to find and see the segment for each of his how to's for removing specific stains.....as I missed all that.........my wife said something like his knowledge was attained through his family having run Cleaners (Dry Cleaners) & Tailoring/Alterations in the NYC area for 75 years.... I'd imagine he might have a how to guide book too but I don't know but if he does, have one, past or present, one would think that Kelly or Ryan would mention it, but like I said I didn't see all of it....

Hey, unlike the Seventies era, Shampoo called "BODY ON TAP" which claimed to have Beer in it, which gave your hair additional body.............The TV Commercials for "BODY ON TAP" had a young beautiful woman in the shower, washing her hair, and then she pokes her head out of the slightly open shower curtain and says something like Beer Enriched Body on Tap Shampoo, But Don't Drink It, Just Shampoo................................................
............................Well, assuming that you place VODKA into an ordinary new/cleaned spray bottle.......You Could Spray Odors Away.....and I guess drink it too......
Old 09-18-21, 05:17 AM
Flyash

Bikes: Peugeot (exact details tbc) which I am restoring.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Good soaking overnight and let it bake in the sunlight in the morning. Does the trick.