Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Clark Kent road racing frame/bike

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-14, 07:29 PM
rob
irreverent reverend

Bikes: Mostly the two-wheeled type.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Clark Kent road racing frame/bike

I have this Clark Kent AX1 fairly tall racing bike that I converted to a fixie a few years ago. I don't ride it much anymore and am considering selling it. But I don't know what price to start at on Craigslist. Also, is there a better website to sell classic bikes on? I know there is a marketplace on this page but I don't have an upgraded account.
I'll seel everything together is that's what someone wants but should I strip it down to the frame to help it sell faster?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Clark Kent 2.jpg (66.4 KB, 276 views)
Old 12-24-14, 07:43 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked 2,923 Times in 1,491 Posts
What size and what is the frame material? Was this yours from new? I am not sure if they are still in business but you may want to try and contact Clark Kent and see if you can get frame details.

Are you willing to pack and ship it? Your likely get more for it if you willing to do that. I recently shipped two frame/forks and it will cost the buyer around $45. Check on ebay and see if there any sold Kents.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 12-24-14, 11:02 AM
zukahn1 

Bikes: Current 79 Nishiki Custum Sport, Jeunet 620, notable previous bikes P.K. Ripper loop tail, Kawahara Laser Lite, Paramount Track full chrome, Raliegh Internatioanl, Motobecan Super Mirage. 59 Crown royak 3 speed

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 790 Post(s)
Liked 1,761 Times in 634 Posts
That's a huge road frame with some pretty aggressive geomtry for a atheletic rider 6'5"or so. Plus for this type of bike the strait bar single speed fixed gear
setup is just awfull. About the most one can expect from a road race bike to fixed conversion is $200, there are just a tone of these for sale on CL and most just aren't selling at the asking prices. It is really nice from though if your willing to pack and ship at reasonable price you could probably get $250 for the frameset on ebay.
Old 12-24-14, 11:10 AM
Shimagnolo

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 3375 Post(s)
Liked 5,513 Times in 2,856 Posts
They went out of business in the mid 90's: Clark-Kent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 12-27-14, 09:58 AM
rob
irreverent reverend

Bikes: Mostly the two-wheeled type.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
What size and what is the frame material? Was this yours from new? I am not sure if they are still in business but you may want to try and contact Clark Kent and see if you can get frame details.

Are you willing to pack and ship it? Your likely get more for it if you willing to do that. I recently shipped two frame/forks and it will cost the buyer around $45. Check on ebay and see if there any sold Kents.
It's a steel frame but not sure of the size. I've been sick so I have not been out to measure it. But at one time it was about 26.5" from the center of the crank to the top of the seat tube. Of course I'm not sure who Clark Kents were traditionally measured, or if it was in MM instead of inches.

I'll probably try to put it on ebay. I have no problem shipping it. But since I'm in Denver and CK was a local company, I thought I might have a good shot at finding a local collector.
Old 08-30-21, 02:12 PM
ViaBike

Bikes: Recycled Brands

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Titanium frame year

Originally Posted by Shimagnolo
They went out of business in the mid 90's: Clark-Kent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Any idea how to identify the year from this Titanium frame stamp (IV 0198)? The titanium frame if fine, but the original carbon fork was replaced with an aluminum one, because of a crack.

Old 08-31-21, 08:31 AM
DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked 1,124 Times in 746 Posts
Originally Posted by ViaBike
Any idea how to identify the year from this Titanium frame stamp (IV 0198)? The titanium frame if fine, but the original carbon fork was replaced with an aluminum one, because of a crack.

This bike is deserving of its own thread with better pictures
Old 09-04-21, 07:35 AM
ViaBike

Bikes: Recycled Brands

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanks - Here are some more pics posted in a new thread.