Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Canondale F500 value?

Old 08-07-22, 09:15 AM
mattinkansas

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Canondale F500 value?

I am pretty sure this bike was manufactured in 2000, so not sure if it is considered vintage and appropriate for this forum, but nevertheless: I would describe this bike as being in very good shape. Original owner and always garage kept. A few scuffs here and there but paint is still a brilliant yellow. I've got it to the point where the shifting is accurate without replacing cables -- just a little bit of degreasing of the housing and getting the bike moving, plus some minor indexing. Wheels are round and true and the bike stops on a dime. I don't know how to evaluate the front shock as I've not worked on those before. It is set up to accept disc brakes though which seems like an upside point. I am guessing at a value of $300.00 with $400.00 being the top end. Welcoming any thoughts. Is there something that makes this bike particularly unique and valuable that I am just not aware of? I have a good feel for how to price early 1990's steel bikes, but this bike is in another category for me. Thank you.

Old 08-07-22, 08:04 PM
bargainguy

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 516 Post(s)
Liked 305 Times in 188 Posts
I like C-dales in general, but I stay away from the MTBs and hybrids made with their Head Shok.

It's a proprietary design with 4 sets of 22 needle bearings. Anything proprietary and this old means difficult or no parts availability in case yours goes kaput.

If it weren't for the Head Shok, I'd agree with your price assessment.

https://vintagecannondale.com/info/headshok/
Likes For bargainguy:
Old 08-08-22, 05:08 AM
mattinkansas

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Thank you for that perspective. I do like the look of that Head Shok, but I had to watch some videos to understand needle bearings! Best regards and thanks again for taking the time. -- Matt