Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+) > Pills and Ills
Reload this Page >

Incredible Dizziness Episode

Search
Notices
Pills and Ills This is a discussion subforum for the health challenges faced by riders 50+. These discussions are in no way to be considered professional medical advice.

Incredible Dizziness Episode

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-23, 05:49 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4559 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
Originally Posted by MoAlpha
PSA: Vertigo is a symptom, not a diagnosis and the causes range from benign to deadly, with a lot of not of not-so-great in between. Exercises and maneuvers are effective only for one cause and are otherwise useless. Vertigo and dizziness should always evaluated by someone who knows what they're doing.
Originally Posted by MoAlpha
Gosh, I never thought of it that way. Let’s try everyone with crushing substernal chest pain on antacids for a few days too, ‘cause it just be reflux.
I get the irony. But too many doctors and nurses actually take that perspective: Let's do the easiest thing to get rid of this GOMER. I saw it while working in health care. And far too often now as a patient. There are some excellent medical professionals out there, but few and far between. Especially after the pandemic malaise and mass exodus of good health care employees who felt burned out and underpaid.
Old 01-10-23, 06:32 PM
MoAlpha
• —

Bikes: Shmikes

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 10148 Post(s)
Liked 5,841 Times in 3,145 Posts
Originally Posted by canklecat
I get the irony. But too many doctors and nurses actually take that perspective: Let's do the easiest thing to get rid of this GOMER. I saw it while working in health care. And far too often now as a patient. There are some excellent medical professionals out there, but few and far between. Especially after the pandemic malaise and mass exodus of good health care employees who felt burned out and underpaid.
Yep. I have seen it and I’ve testified for plaintiffs who won big judgments against people and institutions who tried to get rid of them too.

Last edited by MoAlpha; 01-10-23 at 06:50 PM.
Old 01-10-23, 08:33 PM
GamblerGORD53

Bikes: 2013 Custom SA5w / Rohloff Tourster

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1233 Post(s)
Liked 318 Times in 245 Posts
Looks like the con-vid19 effects. Sorry.
Worst vertigo I got was after fainting and whacking my forehead on a thin carpet on cement floor. That took months to get really better.
I've fainted near 60 times. Mostly a belly issue. Sometimes I get a short bad spurt of spinning, either going down or coming to.
I've had gall stone attacks too. First I get glassy-eyed. So I soon head for the couch. Then I get various amounts of pain for a few hours. Happened twice at work.

Last edited by GamblerGORD53; 01-12-23 at 12:33 AM.