Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

TSDZ2 Throttle

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

TSDZ2 Throttle

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-21, 08:36 AM
andychrist
Devil's Advocate

Bikes: Fuji Del Rey, Bacchetta Giro 20, RANS Stratus XP XL, RANS Stratus XP XXL, RANS Stratus LE XL

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked 50 Times in 38 Posts
TSDZ2 Throttle

Just installed a TSDZ2 OSF on my newest bike. On the stand, the right half twist throttle seemed to work fine but on the road it has just about no power at all, temperature gauge keeps flashing red even though this model doesn’t come with that sensor (otherwise the throttle wouldn’t even work on the stand because it’s either/or.)

Anyone here get the throttle working under load and if so, what’s the secret?

TIA
Old 08-22-21, 09:30 AM
Robert C

Bikes: This list got too long: several ‘bents, an urban utility e-bike, and a dahon D7 that my daughter has absconded with.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 48 Posts
I put a throttle on my TSDZ2. However, I had to replace the controller to make it work. Mine was purchased in 2019 and, at the time, the throttle was not a kit option. If you purchased your throttle after you got the kit then that might be the problem. However, if you purchased it with the e kit, then I recommend contacting the vendor.
Old 08-22-21, 09:49 AM
andychrist
Devil's Advocate

Bikes: Fuji Del Rey, Bacchetta Giro 20, RANS Stratus XP XL, RANS Stratus XP XXL, RANS Stratus LE XL

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked 50 Times in 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Robert C
I put a throttle on my TSDZ2. However, I had to replace the controller to make it work. Mine was purchased in 2019 and, at the time, the throttle was not a kit option. If you purchased your throttle after you got the kit then that might be the problem. However, if you purchased it with the e kit, then I recommend contacting the vendor.
Well Robert this was a recent purchase of the TSDZ2 with OSF from Eco Cycles and I chose the right half twist throttle from their list of available options, so there’s no reason it shouldn’t work. I did ask for assistance from the vendor but they did not address my specific question then told me I was being rude and abusive and were blocking me from their site.

In the OSF Configurations menu there are entries for ADC Throttle and Throttle, however neither respond to any input and cannot be opened so I’m at a loss.