Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Tandem Cycling
Reload this Page >

Yakima Tandem Rack - FREE - Seattle pickup

Notices
Tandem Cycling A bicycle built for two. Want to find out more about this wonderful world of tandems? Check out this forum to talk with other tandem enthusiasts. Captains and stokers welcome!

Old 09-07-21, 02:40 PM
bobade

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I can't seem to sell this rack on Craigslist and I'm tired of renewing my listing. Shipping would cost more than the $50 I have been asking for it. So meet me in Edmonds, WA and the rack is yours - FREE! I'd be happy to give it to a tandemist who understands what it is and will use it. I don't have 10 posts here so can't add a photo. Message me to request one if you want.

My Craigslist description:
Need a roof rack attachment for your tandem? I'm selling a used Yakima tandem rack which holds a tandem very securely with both a fork mount and also a tray with two straps holding the bottom tube. In my experience, this style of rack is more secure than a rack in which the rear wheel is strapped down to a tray.

IMPORTANT: as you can see from the photo, the rack holds the bottom tube of the tandem in a tray which is about 2" in diameter. Your tandem needs to sit stably on this tray. An ovalized bottom tube would probably not be ideal. Nor would a bottom tube much larger than 2" diameter.

The fork mount has a Yakima lock core and key.

The rack I'm selling has been moderately used, has been stored in the garage for several years, and is in very good condition. It is an older model, possibly called the Yakima 9mm Tandem Mount, and is very much like the currently sold Yakima Sidewinder Tandem Rack, which retails for $429.

Hardware will be included to attach the rack to round Yakima bars or square Thule bars. For other bars, you will need to acquire the appropriate hardware.
Old 09-08-21, 06:12 PM
Magnum PI

Bikes: Landshark, Kestrel Ironman, Giant Defy, Redline 925er, Orbea team Euskatel, AMP B2, Landshark e-Tandem, and, well you get the idea.

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 17 Posts
I have the same rack, although I have converted the bottom tube holder to my trailer hitch rack. Well engineered. Hope you find a taker. You are truly a kind soul.
Old 09-19-21, 07:22 PM
bobade

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Someone finally came and took this great rack!