Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

Newbie inquiring about Keiser spin bikes

Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-22, 04:03 PM
del.B

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm looking at purchasing what I thought was a Keiser M2 bike, used (orange and gray, rear wheel drive). I emailed Keiser to see what part availability was like and they informed me that there is no model known as M2,but assumed correctly which bike I was referring to and that said that there are no replacement parts available for it any more. Should this be a deal breaker? The seller is asking $250 for the bike.
Old 09-12-22, 08:48 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1136 Post(s)
Liked 1,182 Times in 687 Posts
does it work? do you think you could perform your own maintenance on it?

i found this, looks sturdy enough but not really sure how it all works. electronic? or fully manual? looks manual but i do see a wire in the photo.

https://www.revaluefitness.com/shop/...ycling-bike-2/

id try it and if it sounded quiet then the bearings are probably OK, if not then i'd be inclined to steer clear.
Old 09-15-22, 12:54 AM
del.B

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by spelger
does it work? do you think you could perform your own maintenance on it?

i found this, looks sturdy enough but not really sure how it all works. electronic? or fully manual? looks manual but i do see a wire in the photo.

id try it and if it sounded quiet then the bearings are probably OK, if not then i'd be inclined to steer clear.
I don't know much about the bike other than Keiser being a good name. I'm not sure what all can go wrong with this type of bike, but I likely can do the work myself as long as the actual part to be replaced (if necessary) is available. I think the wire that you are seeing is actually the shifter cable.