Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

New Trek Madone - link to VeloNews' article

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

New Trek Madone - link to VeloNews' article

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-22, 06:44 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10947 Post(s)
Liked 7,474 Times in 4,181 Posts
At first glance, and second glance, that seatpost just seems to be a hinged lever now as it's sitting off the tip tube without support.
I am no engineer, clearly.
Likes For mstateglfr:
Old 07-30-22, 12:02 AM
roadie276

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
I'm impressed there are still zero reviews for this bike after it was announced a full month ago.
Old 08-29-22, 12:20 AM
roadie276

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by roadie276
I'm impressed there are still zero reviews for this bike after it was announced a full month ago.
Ah, here's the first one I've seen (bikeradar.com). Not sure the author researched especially deeply; as a commenter there says, H1.5 has been a thing for years already and isn't new for 2023. The comments on the Aeolus RSL 51 wheels also don't quite match other reviews of those wheels...I haven't seen anyone else call them v-shaped, or that they aren't surprisingly stable in crosswinds.