Go Back  Bike Forums > News & Suggestions > Forum Suggestions & User Assistance
Reload this Page >

Premium Member Payment Options

Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

Old 11-22-22, 10:45 AM
RCMoeur 
Cantilever believer

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 526 Post(s)
Liked 1,797 Times in 814 Posts

Are there premium member payment options available other that Paypal? I'm trying to reduce or eliminate my use of that platform, but would still like to purchase a premium membership. And I might be skeptical of instructions such as "send unmarked bills in a plain envelope to..."

Thanks.
Old 11-22-22, 02:59 PM
albrt 

Bikes: 1964(?) Frejus Tour de France, 1967(?) Dawes Double Blue, 1979 Trek 710, 1982 Claud Butler Dalesman, 1983 Schwinn Paramount Elite, 2014 Brompton, maybe a couple more

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked 676 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by RCMoeur
Are there premium member payment options available other that Paypal? I'm trying to reduce or eliminate my use of that platform, but would still like to purchase a premium membership. And I might be skeptical of instructions such as "send unmarked bills in a plain envelope to..."

Thanks.
I'm pretty sure I used a credit card - I don't remember details but I would not have been able to complete the transaction if Paypal was the only option.
Old 11-22-22, 03:05 PM
RCMoeur 
Cantilever believer

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 526 Post(s)
Liked 1,797 Times in 814 Posts
Originally Posted by albrt
I'm pretty sure I used a credit card - I don't remember details but I would not have been able to complete the transaction if Paypal was the only option.
Here's what I see on https://www.bikeforums.net/payments.php after selecting a 2-year membership:

Only a Paypal option is visible.
Old 11-22-22, 03:09 PM
albrt 

Bikes: 1964(?) Frejus Tour de France, 1967(?) Dawes Double Blue, 1979 Trek 710, 1982 Claud Butler Dalesman, 1983 Schwinn Paramount Elite, 2014 Brompton, maybe a couple more

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked 676 Times in 329 Posts
I don't have a Paypal account, so either something changed or you are allowed to use a credit card processed by Paypal.
Old 11-22-22, 04:31 PM
IBJoel
Administrator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked 224 Times in 146 Posts
I believe you can check out as a PayPal "guest", but we do not support other payment options at the moment
Old 11-23-22, 12:06 AM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 1,401 Times in 896 Posts
I buy a Visa or Mastercard gift card and load that into Pay Pal, if you are concerned about your security.
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Likes For Siu Blue Wind:
Old 01-05-23, 02:03 PM
robobike316 

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked 126 Times in 61 Posts
I just signed up for the premium account and had to give Paypal my address, phone , and e-mail address. That is using PayPal as a guest-without an actual account.I am not interested in supporting PayPal in any way, but was forced to because that is literally the only option to get a paid Bike Forum account!
PayPal is keeping all my information because the only option on the BF side is to have a recurring payment.
I like the forum and understand that admins have minimal time to deal with this stuff.
My suggestion is, if reasonably possible, to give other options for payment and not have the only option be a recurring payment.
Likes For robobike316:
Old 01-06-23, 02:33 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6174 Post(s)
Liked 4,794 Times in 3,306 Posts
robobike316

I'm not certain how it'd be done if you used PayPal as a guest. But if you have a PayPal account then you can immediately disable the recurring payment after your first payment has been made. That way you don't get caught by surprise when the next billing is due if it is your intention not to renew then.
Old 11-09-23, 03:40 PM
MeganCook
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by robobike316
I just signed up for the premium account and had to give Paypal my address, phone , and e-mail address. That is using PayPal as a guest-without an actual account.I am not interested in supporting PayPal in any way, but was forced to because that is literally the only option to get a paid Bike Forum account!
PayPal is keeping all my information because the only option on the BF side is to have a recurring payment.
I like the forum and understand that admins have minimal time to deal with this stuff.
My suggestion is, if reasonably possible, to give other options for payment and not have the only option be a recurring payment. I don't see anything wrong with PayPal. Everything is very simple and fast there. By the way, I just recently read about how to build a payment gateway, I found an article here and read it instantly. It turned out to be very educational. I didn't know anything about this before. In general, I advise you to look at the possibilities of payment systems. You will understand that this is one of the best payment options.
You can try contacting the administrators through the support section or contacting them by email. I think this is the best option.

Last edited by MeganCook; 11-14-23 at 06:44 AM.