Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Isn't it time?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-23, 09:44 AM
La Tortue

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 27 Posts
Isn't it time?

Looking for a workout that will leave you feeling like a champion, without the hassle of actually having to put on pants? Look no further than our Zwift racing team, the ultimate indoor cycling experience that lets you train like a pro, all while lounging in your underwear!

Race with us in the Zwift ZRL, and you'll never have to worry about getting caught in a rainstorm or dealing with that one cyclist who always insists on drafting off of you, unless you bring him with you. Instead, you can train in the comfort of your own home, surrounded by all the snacks and Netflix shows your heart desires.
Plus, with Zwift, you'll never have to worry about getting lost on your ride again. The only thing you'll need to find your way is the "next button" on your screen.

So why settle for the great outdoors when you can have the great indoors riding with us in the Zwift ZRL? It's like the ultimate indoor cycling experience, where the only thing you'll have to worry about is how to keep your pizza from getting soggy while you're doing a virtual climb. We have a race tonight. Get registered and come join us.
Old 02-02-23, 07:52 AM
bblair

Bikes: Lynskey R230, Trek 5200, 1975 Raleigh Pro, 1973 Falcon ,Trek T50 Tandem and a 1968 Paramount in progress.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 379 Post(s)
Liked 392 Times in 232 Posts
The only thing stopping me is that every Zwift race I have ever done, I am dropped before the lead-in is complete.
Likes For bblair:
Old 02-02-23, 08:59 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4387 Post(s)
Liked 4,828 Times in 2,984 Posts
Originally Posted by bblair
The only thing stopping me is that every Zwift race I have ever done, I am dropped before the lead-in is complete.
Ha, ha. Yeah, you do have to go flat out in the red for the first few minutes, but they do settle down once a group forms. The key is a very thorough warm-up. There's no point in starting a Zwift race cold as you will just get hosed off the line!
Old 02-02-23, 11:50 AM
La Tortue

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 27 Posts
Take it from Zwifter with 700 races under their belt and more last-place finishes than they can shake a stick at (almost all of them)! But let's be real, who needs to win when you know the real reason for racing - getting a heart-pumping workout in a safe virtual environment with friends? And let's not forget about all that data you've collected over time - it's like having your own personal crystal ball for fitness. Just remember, embrace the beauty of Zwifting - the race may not be won, but the workout is always a win!
Old 02-03-23, 10:13 AM
bblair

Bikes: Lynskey R230, Trek 5200, 1975 Raleigh Pro, 1973 Falcon ,Trek T50 Tandem and a 1968 Paramount in progress.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 379 Post(s)
Liked 392 Times in 232 Posts
Originally Posted by La Tortue
Take it from Zwifter with 700 races under their belt and more last-place finishes than they can shake a stick at (almost all of them)! But let's be real, who needs to win when you know the real reason for racing - getting a heart-pumping workout in a safe virtual environment with friends? And let's not forget about all that data you've collected over time - it's like having your own personal crystal ball for fitness. Just remember, embrace the beauty of Zwifting - the race may not be won, but the workout is always a win!
True.

That's why I restrict myself to Tour de Zwift large group rides and RoboPacers. I can always find a compatible group that way, just like IRL.
Old 02-03-23, 11:53 AM
gthomson

Bikes: 2013 Cannondale Caad 8, 2010 Opus Fidelio, 1985 Peugeot UO14, 1999 Peugeot Dune, Sakai Select, L'Avantage, 1971 Gitane Apache Standard, 1999 Specialized Hard Rock

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 548 Post(s)
Liked 473 Times in 302 Posts
My friend just started racing and though much younger than me, as well as did some competitive racing in his past, still finds the Tuesday night D league pretty tough. He can put out 600 watts on a short sprint which is his specialty, but you have to keep enough gas in the tank for any hills or a longer race. He's asking me to join but I'm having some health issues so not for me.

He really likes the technical part of racing as a team, working together and knowing when to make a move or not, drop one of the power options ect... He's been finishing top 3 most races.