Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

Best customer service/warranty trainers

Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Old 05-10-23, 11:55 PM
Mother_of_birds

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts

I'm currently at the researching stage for an indoor cycling set up and had pretty much decided on the Tacx Neo bike until I came across an article on their apparently awful customer service and out of warranty repairs policy. The article stated that after the 2 year warranty, any repairs are done at a flat rate of £650 no matter the issue. So basically I want to know if there's any truth in that, and what companies you have found to have the best (or worst) customer service and warranty policies when it comes to smart bikes and trainers?
Old 05-12-23, 10:29 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4384 Post(s)
Liked 4,824 Times in 2,981 Posts
I had great customer service from Wahoo when I had a problem with my Kickr Bike last year. One of the gear shift buttons failed and they just sent me a whole new set of bars on next day delivery. This was in warranty and had no issues since.
Old 05-12-23, 11:15 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,686 Times in 2,509 Posts
Wahoo customer service seems okay. However, there are things where wahoo will tell you there is nothing they can do for you if the device is out of warranty. Some people get an offer of a good discount on a new device, and some people get an offer of a minimal discount on a new device. The good news is that many issues are fixable at home, even some you wouldn't think are fixable like the control board. OTOH, there are not that many bikes, so you probably will be on your own fixing them.
Old 05-13-23, 02:49 PM
Barry2 
LR÷P=HR

Bikes: 1981 Holdsworth Special, 1993 C-dale MT3000 & 1996 F700CAD3, 2018 Cervelo R3 & 2022 R5, JustGo Runt, Ridley Oval, Kickr Bike 8-)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 862 Post(s)
Liked 1,195 Times in 687 Posts
I’ve found Wahoo support to be outstanding.
Both for in and out of warrantee.

Barry