Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

Need Help Identifying this Frame (please and thank you)

Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Old 03-11-23, 01:28 PM
Cruisin4bruisin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Hello!! this is my first thread so please keep that in mind if I didn't do something correctly (I am open to Constructive criticism)

I have recently purchased a used bike from craigslist under the impression that it was a Dolan FXE. However, a closer look at it has me believing that that is not the case. The Fxe has bottle cage mounts and takes a 27.2 seat post. while this one doesn't have any bottle cage mounts and takes a 31.8 seat post. also the down tube resembles that of an axe handle (round at bottom near the BB and "more Aero" at the head tube. I have searched far and wide and cant seem to find anything that that matches this frame. Unfortunately there are no logos or brands anywhere on the frame. (the fork looks like its from a dolan but i'm not sure if it was just added on at a later date. Your help would be greatly appreciated thank you

List of "helpful" identifying factors:
-31.8 seat post
-brake guides on top tube
-no bottle cages
-steel replaceable dropout plates
-Non tapered head tube
-"Axe handle" shaped down tube