Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Listening to Music via Headphones?

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Listening to Music via Headphones?

Old 05-05-20, 12:36 PM
MattTheHat 

Bikes: 2021 S-Works Turbo Creo SL, 2020 Specialized Roubaix Expert

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 762 Post(s)
Liked 4,026 Times in 1,426 Posts
Originally Posted by DrIsotope
I classify my Varia radar as one of my best ever cycling purchases. A taillight is used in the hopes it will increase our conspicuity-- while a radar unit will actively tell a rider something is coming up behind them. It's active. I've had much better tire life since the radar went on, because most times I just ride right out in the middle of the lane-- with +500ft of warning, I can easily move to the shoulder when a vehicle approaches. The middle of the lane is clean of debris 99.9% of the time. The space we're usually relegated to is full of glass and everything else. Radar keeps me out of the gutter.
I think I’ll pick one up. I’m glad to hear you’re pleased with it. More input is more better.
Likes For MattTheHat:
Old 05-05-20, 12:38 PM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked 1,012 Times in 518 Posts
Originally Posted by MattTheHat
Admittedly, I’d rather know If a car is behind me. I’m not a fan of the close pass. A really close pass when you don’t know it’s coming is even less enjoyable. I’ve been thinking about upgrading to one of the Garmin radar lights.
I got the radar for Lisa, she has poor vision in her left eye, making checking for traffic difficult. She never really liked it, and I thought about selling it ... but decided to try it out before selling it. It only took a couple rides to realize it's a great gadget. I almost never ride without it and feel kinda naked when I do ride without it.
Likes For Hypno Toad:
Old 05-05-20, 12:39 PM
Tophy_Dee

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
I, for one, certainly enjoy listening to music while working out in any form. Of course I do enjoy the noises of the great outdoors and find it to be safer so I can hear cars, other cyclists, and pedestrians.
I have certainly witnessed many cyclists listening to music with headphones on and wonder how in the world?! Going so fast and in the zone, it struck me how they can be so confident with earbuds and music playing while biking! I’m sure they have the volume down low (I would hope!) But nonetheless, I don’t think there is a right or wrong answer after reading everyone’s post! It all depends on how safe you feel, as another cyclist mentioned on this thread. Thanks for all your input, everyone!
Old 05-05-20, 12:43 PM
MattTheHat 

Originally Posted by pcook489
Matt,
The only thing (In my opinion) regarding area around bike/cars near you, is that you are more aware/cognizant of threats to your health. Using my mirrors, I can constantly assess the situation, especially when I'm on a 4-lane (45 MPH) road. If I see a situation approaching with two cars attempting to pass each other, or just using the roadway as intended, I can look for an escape route, or be ready to bail out to the right (since I'm in the right tire-track on the road). BEING AWARE OF THE CARS BEHIND YOU IS A TREMENDOUS ADVANTAGE. You can listen to your music on your headphones, but still have a plan when/if someone decides to pass you a little too close for comfort. Just my opinion. I'm sure others are going to chime in and tell me I'm a dumbass.
I think for a lot of people mirrors are a good idea. I often wonder why more people don’t use them. On a motorcycle, my rear view mirrors are absolutely critical.

These threads make me realize how fortunate I must be with regard to driver courtesy. Most of the roads here are multi-lane and they’re in pretty good repair. Most drivers are very courteous and basically give up the right hand lane for cyclists. And there are many multi-use paths that I can use to avoid sections of roads that aren’t as safe. Many of the right lanes are marked with bicycle icons to remind drivers that bikes can take the whole lane.
Old 05-05-20, 12:50 PM
bargo68 
Dedicated Detritus Dodger

Bikes: Some mighty fine ones at that!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked 603 Times in 247 Posts
Firstly, thank you for noticing I’m rad.
I don’t ride mountain roads like what you describe. I’m not that tough.
It's not being tough, they're the only roads we have! Sonoma county here in the Bay Area has some of the worst tarmac in California. Beautiful scenery, though!
And I agree with you, we all have to figure out what's right for us and do our best to respect other's ideas.
Likes For bargo68:
Old 05-05-20, 12:55 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,095 Times in 5,053 Posts
I do care to answer. I never said anybody shouldn’t care for doing anything that makes them feel safer. You make my point for me when you say “do whatever you like.” That’s what I’m saying too. Do what you feel is safe. I’ll do the same. For the way I ride and the area I ride, hearing more doesn’t do anything to improve my safety.

I think the people you describe as having close calls have more wrong than wearing ear buds. Not wearing earbuds doesn’t do away with the need to watch where you’re going. And yes, I’ve seen the same thing happen.

Let me be clear--as a matter of probability, I do think you are giving up some safety by obstructing your hearing. Human beings simply aren't capable of looking in all directions at once, and our attention is very selective. Sound, like vision, provides cues to aim that attention to places where there are threats of various sorts emanating. Our brains are "hard-wired" for this. You happen to think that this effect is marginal enough that it isn't worth worrying about, and in your case, there may be factors that make it less essential for you than it is for other people.

Frankly, I still can't fathom why you asked the question in the way you did, and that may have led me to think you were being more hostile than you were--not knowing if there's a car behind you would make it impossible to safely change lanes, stop, turn, all sorts of maneuvers. That seems rather obvious to me.

As to whether the sound-blinded riders have bigger problems, maybe, but sound is a way people use to shock them out of their obliviousness before oblivion may become permanent. As human beings, we all may be subject to moments of inattention. You cut off a check on that at your peril.
Old 05-05-20, 12:56 PM
MattTheHat 

Originally Posted by SethAZ
I can think of several responses to this.

1) In a strong crosswind, the passing of a vehicle can result in a very sharp change in the sideways forces acting on me, the bike, and the modestly deep carbon wheels. This can result in sudden swerving, etc. That's especially true if the vehicle is a large truck, and it is passing me in such a way as to complete block the wind coming from that side. Knowing the vehicle is about to pass allows me to mentally "brace myself for impact", as it were. I'm not saying this is a huge factor, but it's definitely a factor, and is responsive to your question.

2) I try to keep a good situational awareness of the road conditions directly in front of me, at intermediate distances, etc. Despite that, when I hear a vehicle coming up behind me it focuses me more than usual on what's immediately ahead of me, how much margin there is to the right of where I'm riding, etc. in case I do feel the need the move further to right or even pull off the road entirely. I've actually been run off the road before by an assclown who buzzed me way too close. Whether I actually move further to the right or even off the road entirely for every car or truck I hear coming up behind me or not, knowing that it's coming at least gives me the chance to focus on the road conditions and what my options may be. Again, not a huge factor, but it's a factor for me that I value, and is responsive to your question.

3) "It seems to me that if you do anything differently based on whether or not a car is behind you is just a recipe for disaster, because you're going to eventually get it wrong." Yes, eventually I'll probably get it wrong. Not knowing a car or truck is coming up behind me, however, increases the likelihood that I'm already wrong and just don't know it until it's too late. If I get it right even just a few times where not knowing would have meant I was already wrong and just didn't know it, that's a win.

Some of my cycling routes have this one awful choke point where a small bridge passes over a usually dry creek bed. Whoever designed that bridge deserves to be drawn and quartered, because they made zero allowance for any type of bike lane, safety margin, etc. On that road you go from the lane of travel, white stripe, then 2-3 feet of pavement, to the bridge where it suddenly constricts to the lane of travel, the white stripe, and like 3 or 4 inches and then a hard concrete barrier on the side of the bridge. I really hate passing over that little bridge, especially because the road in question is a fairly major north/south artery road here where the speed limit is 45mph which means in practice people are buzzing you doing 50-60 mph. I very much want to know, approaching that bridge, whether there are cars coming up behind me as I assume the safest position I can just on or inside the lane of travel from the white line. Sometimes when I hear cars coming up behind me but still a ways back I'll drift over a foot or so into the lane of traffic from the white line to prompt the drivers to pull left a little more or even change lanes, and then just as I cross the bridge I'll hug that line as closely as I dare to give myself the best chance of not being hit. Others might be fine having music blaring in their ears while navigating this particular road feature, but it would drive me insane. Again, that's maybe a "me" problem and not a "you" problem, but there it is.
Thank you for citing some actual reasons. I’m going to go for a ride and when I get back I’m going to read your response very carefully. I anticipate it won’t change my riding with music but that it will encourage me to pull the trigger on a Garmin radar unit.

Again, thank you for a response with some actual substance instead of just knee jerks.
Old 05-05-20, 12:59 PM
Oneder
Banned.

Bikes: Wahoo of Theseus, others

Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 46 Posts
Pretty much unsafe. There is a dumbass who always blocks my way and then yells "get a horn!" and this moron has earbuds blaring. No, you stop taking up the whole sidewalk while blocking out all the noise moron. Last time I told him next time I will just run him down, who does this idiot think he is to impede me and yell at me every day?
Old 05-05-20, 01:03 PM
DrIsotope
Non omnino gravis

Bikes: Nekobasu, Pandicorn, Lakitu

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Quoted: 4905 Post(s)
Liked 1,731 Times in 958 Posts
What are y'all doing on the uh.... sidewalk? Bikes don't belong on the sidewalk. That's where pedestrians go.
Old 05-05-20, 01:27 PM
MattTheHat 

Originally Posted by livedarklions
Let me be clear--as a matter of probability, I do think you are giving up some safety by obstructing your hearing. Human beings simply aren't capable of looking in all directions at once, and our attention is very selective. Sound, like vision, provides cues to aim that attention to places where there are threats of various sorts emanating. Our brains are "hard-wired" for this. You happen to think that this effect is marginal enough that it isn't worth worrying about, and in your case, there may be factors that make it less essential for you than it is for other people.

Frankly, I still can't fathom why you asked the question in the way you did, and that may have led me to think you were being more hostile than you were--not knowing if there's a car behind you would make it impossible to safely change lanes, stop, turn, all sorts of maneuvers. That seems rather obvious to me.

As to whether the sound-blinded riders have bigger problems, maybe, but sound is a way people use to shock them out of their obliviousness before oblivion may become permanent. As human beings, we all may be subject to moments of inattention. You cut off a check on that at your peril.
I asked the question based on how I ride. It’s the only way I know how. Admittedly, I don’t ride in heavily congested areas.

I ride like there’s always a car behind me. I take the lane and if there’s any swerving that needs to be done, I swerve to the right. If I need to change lanes, I visually turn my head to see what’s coming behind me. If there is, I wait. If my lane is running out, I stop. If there’s something in the road that’s too large to avoid by swerving right, I stop. I never swerve to the left, I just don’t.

I have to trust that a car behind me is not going to hit me because I don’t have a choice. Because of the speed differential, I can’t dodge the car. This is further complicated by the fact that I can’t ride while turning my head to watch the car until it passes. Doing so causes the rider to pull to the left. At some point before the car passes, you’re all in. You have to trust that they’re going to avoid hitting you. If not, your only choice would to literally get off the road until the car passes. For every car.

This doesn’t take into account distracted drivers. But again, because of the speed difference, I can’t do anything about that. Unless I’m going to pull off the road for every suspected distracted driver, I’m at risk. How close do they have to be before I realize they’re distracted?

Riding as described above, I honestly don’t know how hearing anything is going to help. I’d prefer to know for sure when a car is behind me. But it doesn’t make me do anything differently. If we could somehow get an audible indicator of an impaired or distracted driver, I’d be all over that. And I’d just pull off the road.
Old 05-05-20, 01:30 PM
SethAZ 

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey R260, 2005 Diamondback 29er, 2003 Trek 2300

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked 334 Times in 182 Posts
Thank you for citing some actual reasons. I’m going to go for a ride and when I get back I’m going to read your response very carefully. I anticipate it won’t change my riding with music but that it will encourage me to pull the trigger on a Garmin radar unit.

Again, thank you for a response with some actual substance instead of just knee jerks.
Not using earbuds during riding is something I evolved into, since I actually used to do it. I went from using two earbuds, to just using one, to using none. That evolution was influenced by my experiences. I listen to audiobooks more than I listen to music, though I do listen to music as well. With the audiobooks or podcasts or whatever I've found that if I'm actually listening to the story or discussion or whatever, and paying attention to it, it takes me a microinstant or three to "disconnect" my brain from that particular train of thought and refocus it on what's going on around me, and that refocusing is made more difficult if the audiobook or podcast or whatever is still playing in my ear while I'm trying to mentally shift gears. Through experiences I had on the road where I recognized that a particular reaction time I needed in a given instant was hampered by having that earbud talking to my brain at that instant, I just realized that for me it was a bad idea.

On the other hand I've had very mild symptoms that might be like ADHD all my life, and sometimes having some music (preferably with incomprehensible or no words) on helps me to drown out other brain inputs that otherwise would distract me, and help me focus on what I'm trying to do. Whether that translates into any kind of benefit while on a bicycle I couldn't say, but at least I recognize that having a constant brain input from music or whatever is going to help or hinder different people differently depending on how they think, how they focus their thoughts, how able they are to tune out unwanted inputs so they can focus on something, etc. We're not all the same, and so any opinions I have on what I need to function mentally are only applicable to me, since I can't possibly know how someone else's brain works.

Speaking of the Varia radar, I don't have it, but I've read so many comments from folks who do that it's made me think hard and I've come close to pulling that trigger too. The thing that's competing with that idea right now is the parallel development (ie: two newish techs coming onto the scene at more or less the same time) of light/camera combo units. In response to my recent "coal rolling" experience I've mounted a Cycliq Fly12 CE front headlight/video camera combo unit, and am thinking I'd like to put the companion Fly 6 rear taillight/camera combo unit so I get dashcam coverage both fore and aft. I don't want to mount too much crap on my bike, so right now it's either a radar/taillight combo or a camera/taillight combo. It would be awesome if Garmin or a company like Cycliq could combine these into a radar/camera/light unit. I don't intend to mount these as separate units, though I've seen folks do that. There's a limit to the clutter I want on my bike, and that crosses that limit for me, at least for now.
Likes For SethAZ:
Old 05-05-20, 01:36 PM
GlennR
On Your Left

Bikes: Trek Emonda SLR, Sram eTap, Zipp 303

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 3004 Post(s)
Liked 2,433 Times in 1,187 Posts
Ten thousand since 2011? We’re not even talking about the same activity, guy. The bike I just got off of has 20,000 miles on it, and I got it in the middle of 2017.

Oh, and for the record, Sweet Nothing (feat. Florence Welch) — Calvin Harris

I enjoy riding a bicycle, and I enjoy listening to music. There’s absolutely no reason I can’t do both. I am in fact living proof.
Either you didn't read what I wrote or you can't do simple math.

25,000 + 10,000 = 35,000 miles, so I think that disqualifies me as a "Internet Cyclist". I guess that's some sort of new insult?
Old 05-05-20, 01:43 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18397 Post(s)
Liked 15,485 Times in 7,316 Posts
Bikes don't belong on the sidewalk.
According to some municipal codes they do.
Likes For indyfabz:
Old 05-05-20, 01:51 PM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 947 Times in 554 Posts
I can hear my bike noises while riding and listening to talk with my airbuds. I wear them without anything playing. myself I cant just sit and watch tv I have to be doing something else like building lego or playing a video game. I don't listen to music as it does not hold my attention and my mind wanders and I don't hear it been that way for 30 years I have been working by myself for 25 years now audiobooks and podcasts help me from feeling so alone. I don't know if I will listen while riding with my wife yet. we have a lot ot learn yet. she would be the one listening to music..
Likes For fooferdoggie:
Old 05-05-20, 02:02 PM
bargo68 

Another point I don't think has been made yet is that I like to hear my bike! The freewheel clicking, the small clicks and pops of detritus going under my wheels.
Also, I have a couple bikes with triples up front that use friction shifting, so I need to hear if my chain line need some trimming.
Likes For bargo68:
Old 05-05-20, 02:07 PM
Oneder
Banned.

What are y'all doing on the uh.... sidewalk? Bikes don't belong on the sidewalk. That's where pedestrians go.
I don't want to be murdered by a drunken idiot in the bike lane as has still almost happened even on the sidewalk, that's why. It is perfectly legal here.
Old 05-05-20, 02:11 PM
Oneder
Banned.

Originally Posted by SethAZ
Not using earbuds during riding is something I evolved into, since I actually used to do it. I went from using two earbuds, to just using one, to using none. That evolution was influenced by my experiences. I listen to audiobooks more than I listen to music, though I do listen to music as well. With the audiobooks or podcasts or whatever I've found that if I'm actually listening to the story or discussion or whatever, and paying attention to it, it takes me a microinstant or three to "disconnect" my brain from that particular train of thought and refocus it on what's going on around me, and that refocusing is made more difficult if the audiobook or podcast or whatever is still playing in my ear while I'm trying to mentally shift gears. Through experiences I had on the road where I recognized that a particular reaction time I needed in a given instant was hampered by having that earbud talking to my brain at that instant, I just realized that for me it was a bad idea.

On the other hand I've had very mild symptoms that might be like ADHD all my life, and sometimes having some music (preferably with incomprehensible or no words) on helps me to drown out other brain inputs that otherwise would distract me, and help me focus on what I'm trying to do. Whether that translates into any kind of benefit while on a bicycle I couldn't say, but at least I recognize that having a constant brain input from music or whatever is going to help or hinder different people differently depending on how they think, how they focus their thoughts, how able they are to tune out unwanted inputs so they can focus on something, etc. We're not all the same, and so any opinions I have on what I need to function mentally are only applicable to me, since I can't possibly know how someone else's brain works.

Speaking of the Varia radar, I don't have it, but I've read so many comments from folks who do that it's made me think hard and I've come close to pulling that trigger too. The thing that's competing with that idea right now is the parallel development (ie: two newish techs coming onto the scene at more or less the same time) of light/camera combo units. In response to my recent "coal rolling" experience I've mounted a Cycliq Fly12 CE front headlight/video camera combo unit, and am thinking I'd like to put the companion Fly 6 rear taillight/camera combo unit so I get dashcam coverage both fore and aft. I don't want to mount too much crap on my bike, so right now it's either a radar/taillight combo or a camera/taillight combo. It would be awesome if Garmin or a company like Cycliq could combine these into a radar/camera/light unit. I don't intend to mount these as separate units, though I've seen folks do that. There's a limit to the clutter I want on my bike, and that crosses that limit for me, at least for now.
There's so many blind turns where I live it would be absolutely insane to ride while not listening but many do. I think there are many things that you will only realize are coming if you can hear, I can always hear cars coming up behind for instance. The people who think they can ride without hearing are just fooling themselves. At the very least they would have to slow way down even compared to me and I usually keep a moderate pace as it is.
Old 05-05-20, 03:14 PM
JayKay3000

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 78 Times in 50 Posts
Use common sense.
Old 05-05-20, 03:16 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10947 Post(s)
Liked 7,473 Times in 4,181 Posts
Originally Posted by Hypno Toad
A music-head will likely know the last song that played, the year it was released, the bass player's name .... For me, it's that song that was on at the right time. I have the best memory of Atmosphere's Sunshine playing at mile 210 of the DAMn, right after missing a turn and making a long descent on the wrong road. I got back on route as this song shuffled through, it totally put me back in a good mind frame for the last 35 miles of my day.

How many can name the last song on the radio in their car? & How is naming a song make music good or bad or unsafe while biking??
Ah, some local music!
A couple friends from college who were from the MPLS area got me hooked on Leep27 and Atmosphere back almost 20 years ago.

The Best Day's piano is about as addicting as anything.
Likes For mstateglfr:
Old 05-05-20, 03:18 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Originally Posted by Phil_gretz
The larger question is why folks need something playing into their heads in order to ride a bike...
Is it though? Is that really the larger question? Perhaps it isnt some deep seeded issue with Mommy or that someone was bullied in jr high. Maybe its just that they like music when exercising for the beat/energy/removal of thoughts.
Likes For mstateglfr:
Old 05-05-20, 03:20 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Originally Posted by bargo68
On your left......
On your LEFT......
ON YOUR LEFT!!!!!!!!!!
I don't like earbuds.
Just pass the person already!
Seriously though, if the person is walking/jogging/running/cycling in a reliable line, just pass them. There is no need to have everyone acknowledge you on MUPs.
Likes For mstateglfr:
Old 05-05-20, 03:28 PM
GlennR
On Your Left

Originally Posted by mstateglfr
There is no need to have everyone acknowledge you on MUPs.
I've seen many suddenly turn around and cross in front of you.

Right handed people turn counterclockwise, so when they decide to head back they turn to the left and cross in front. Last year I was following a cyclist doing about 23mph on a MUP when the as he passed a runner, he crossed in front and they collided.The cyclist when over the bars, broke his collarbone and I learned later that he cracked 2 ribs and fractured his wrist. The runner was wearing ear buds.

Luckily I was able to stop.

MUPs are the worst, I rather deal with cars.
Likes For GlennR:
Old 05-05-20, 03:31 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Gle-double N, you post some real head scratchers and laughable views, but these are wall of shame worthy. The point you have tried to make multiple times is quite meaningless.

Originally Posted by GlennR
Live in the present and enjoy what you are doing. If you're actually "listening" to the music then you're not working hard enough.

I bet 90% of the people who ride with music can't name the last song played.
Why cant I be listening to music and working hard enough? It makes no sense to claim both cant happen at the same time. Why cant they? Ive never heard this other than from you right here- are there studies to support your claim or are you just pushing an opinion based on...nothing?
As for 90% of people not being able to name the last song played...what is that supposed to prove? I rode on Sunday and I dont remember the last song. I zwifted last night and i dont remember the last song. I did yard work on Saturday and I dont remember the last song. I also drove yesterday and guess what...i dont remember the last song.
Looks like I have an issue with not remembering the last song played since it has never mattered for me to remember. Doesnt seem to be cycling specific though.

Originally Posted by GlennR
You can't dispute this:
"I bet 90% of the people who ride with music can't name the last song played."
It pains me to think that you dont understand why this post is so absurd. Lets examine why.
- you made up a statistic.
- you acknowledge you made it up by saying 'i bet'.
- you then tell someone else that they cant dispute your admittedly made up statistic.

Well obviously the poster cant dispute the statistic- its a made up statistic.
Come on man, do better.
Likes For mstateglfr:
Old 05-05-20, 03:33 PM
GlennR
On Your Left

Gle-double N, you post some real head scratchers and laughable views, but these are wall of shame worthy. The point you have tried to make multiple times is quite meaningless.

Why cant I be listening to music and working hard enough? It makes no sense to claim both cant happen at the same time. Why cant they? Ive never heard this other than from you right here- are there studies to support your claim or are you just pushing an opinion based on...nothing?
As for 90% of people not being able to name the last song played...what is that supposed to prove? I rode on Sunday and I dont remember the last song. I zwifted last night and i dont remember the last song. I did yard work on Saturday and I dont remember the last song. I also drove yesterday and guess what...i dont remember the last song.
Looks like I have an issue with not remembering the last song played since it has never mattered for me to remember. Doesnt seem to be cycling specific though.

It pains me to think that you dont understand why this post is so absurd. Lets examine why.
- you made up a statistic.
- you acknowledge you made it up by saying 'i bet'.
- you then tell someone else that they cant dispute your admittedly made up statistic.

Well obviously the poster cant dispute the statistic- its a made up statistic.
Come on man, do better.
You should run for political office.... i'd vote for you.
Old 05-05-20, 03:34 PM
bargo68 

Just pass the person already!
Seriously though, if the person is walking/jogging/running/cycling in a reliable line, just pass them. There is no need to have everyone acknowledge you on MUPs.
I pass people all the time without a peep. Like you say, if there is no reason to call out then don't. Almost every time I've ever had a close call with another cyclist it was because they could not hear me. I'll let you guess why.
Otherwise, thanks for the free advice.
Likes For bargo68:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.