Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Various "Out Front" Mounts

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-22, 01:54 PM
gkamieneski

Bikes: Pinarello Gavia TSX; Bianchi Intenso

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 62 Posts

Seems the Garmin "Out Front" mounting method is fairly standard but still there is some variance among manufacturers. Pretty sure my XOSS unit uses the Garmin mount, but I think Bryton has their own proprietary mount and certainly Cateye does.

Is there a chart or table online somewhere that specifies which mounts are compatible with different computers?
Old 02-07-22, 07:23 AM
pennpaul

Bikes: Diamondback Haanjo Trail, Fuji Team Road

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked 68 Times in 46 Posts
I don't know the answer to your question, but check out Bar Fly mounts.

​​​​​​My Sigma head unit uses a rebranded Bar Fly mount (Sigma logo) with a Garmin mount. I just bought a second mount for my extra bike, and the mount comes with about 6 different adapters for other brand mounts. It also comes with an adapter for GoPros which is essential for me. I can't imagine a better deal on a mount than this one.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GRHYT74...ing=UTF8&psc=1

*Note. The Sigma head unit is large so this is Bar Fly's longest mount. They sell shorter ones, too.
Old 02-07-22, 10:16 AM
adamrice 
mosquito rancher

Bikes: Bob Jackson 853 Arrowhead; Felt VR30; Kinesis UK RTD; Hujsak tandem

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked 181 Times in 133 Posts
It's worth mentioning that most mounts have interchangeable "biscuits" that provide the actual mounting interface to the computer—it's just a matter of the manufacturer making the right biscuit, and those often have the same "biscuit to mount" interface if you can find a third-party biscuit. Some computers (Stages) have mounts that are so different that there might not be a compatible biscuit for them.
Old 02-07-22, 10:36 AM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 3221 Post(s)
Liked 2,048 Times in 1,170 Posts
Originally Posted by gkamieneski
Seems the Garmin "Out Front" mounting method is fairly standard but still there is some variance among manufacturers. Pretty sure my XOSS unit uses the Garmin mount, but I think Bryton has their own proprietary mount and certainly Cateye does.

Is there a chart or table online somewhere that specifies which mounts are compatible with different computers?
Garmin seems to be the industry standard if only due to sheer numbers of their units sold.

Wahoo is the same as Garmin only set 90 degrees off set, if memory serves. On some mounts you can remove the screws and rotate the attachment point to use a Garmin

Hammerhead uses a proprietary and very nicely designed mount that has many reports of being brittle and cracking. They've not yet issued a new and improved version but will exchange if you crack one. Or you use the supplied Garmin adapter and any Garmin compatible mount.

Now you get to research Lezyne and Bryton and the others out there.