Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Thoughts On Gravel Bike VS Older MTB W/Drop Bar

Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Thoughts On Gravel Bike VS Older MTB W/Drop Bar

Old 06-21-22, 10:16 AM
staehpj1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1250 Post(s)
Liked 753 Times in 560 Posts
Originally Posted by Tourist in MSN
This is the first that I have heard of "campus style pedals". Was not sure what that is when you say cage on one side. You are an old toe clip user, so I doubt you are referring to toe clips.
I think the Shimano version is the SHIMANO PD-M324. FWIW, I much prefer to be firmly attached to the pedals even in gnarly terrain. I find I can put a foot down just as fast and never slip off when I don't want to. Places where folks typically clip out to be secure I make sure I am clipped in to be secure.
Old 06-21-22, 11:25 AM
PedalingWalrus

Bikes: Corvid Sojourner, Surly Ice Cream Truck, Co-Motion Divide, Co-Motion Java Tandem, Salsa Warbird, Salsa Beargrease, Carver Tandem

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 533 Post(s)
Liked 435 Times in 227 Posts
You can probably replace the drive train with lower gearing range so ...