Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Yellowstone Flooding

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Yellowstone Flooding

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-22, 01:56 PM
staehpj1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1251 Post(s)
Liked 754 Times in 560 Posts
Originally Posted by tcs
While I'd personally agree, I've been run off the road by an elderly amateur motorhome driver in a National Park and I wouldn't dismiss any individual cycletourist's concerns.
Yes, Yellowstone has a lot of motor homes. Worse yet many of them are rentals driven by folks who probably have no previous experience driving a large vehicle. I do think it is possible to minimize the risks to an acceptable level. That said, others with a different tolerance for that kind of traffic situation may not want to ride there. They will be missing out on a beautiful park though.

Hmm, I suppose. Riding a couple extra-long days or taking some rest days to hit a popular park on a certain day of the week during a long tour is possible.
Well, the odds are slightly better than 50/50 that they will hit it on a good day to enter the park. On a long trip like the TA you could start adjusting the plan a good way ahead if you wanted to. I have generally just taken my chances with hitting a good day of the week and been lucky never hitting any of the busiest parks on the worst days. I have chosen time of day with light motor home traffic though. If I did hit the worst day(s) of the week I am not sure if I'd actually take a day or two off or just limit my riding time to a few early morning hours. Truth be told I'd probably just do the latter and rely on the fact that I have a pretty high traffic tolerance. I don't suggest others necessarily do the same.
Old 06-21-22, 05:43 PM
stardognine
Partially Sane.

Bikes: Soma Saga, pre-disc

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 972 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 468 Posts
Originally Posted by Tourist in MSN
How would you know?

​​​​​​​Oh, that is how.
​​​​​​​
Hahaha, I "could" just be a prevert. 😁😉 Most places here in California just have the restrooms marked with both male & female silhouettes (sp?), and I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be limited to one person at a time. 🤔 It's amazing how many people don't quite get that. 🤨🙄