Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Motorcycle mirrors on my bicycle, part 2

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-21, 06:08 PM
alo

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 529 Post(s)
Liked 255 Times in 185 Posts

A while ago I bought a pair of imitation Honda motorcycle mirrors for US 90 cents, and fitted them to my bicycle. The aim was to see how I felt about them after using them for some time.

My conclusion is, I want to continue using mirrors on my bike, particularly while I can buy them for next to nothing. However, convex mirrors would be better. The downside with mirrors is that they stick out wider than the handlebars, which is occasionally inconvenient in narrow spaces.

Recently I was out shopping for a new chain and derailleur, so I asked if they sold any other type of mirrors, and yes they did.

So I bought another pair of imitation Honda motorcycle mirrors, this time convex, for US$3.00 the pair.

I will probably wait until one of the others breaks before fitting a new one. The bike fell over the other day, but the mirror just twisted around, and did not break. Some time a mirror will get broken.

My new mirrors are like the one in the picture, but all black.

Likes For alo: