Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Southern California
Reload this Page >

Where did you ride in Southern California today?

Notices
Southern California Southern California

Where did you ride in Southern California today?

Old 01-27-23, 02:55 PM
jonathanf2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked 561 Times in 267 Posts
Originally Posted by SoSmellyAir View Post
What caused the blow? Hope you have a speedy recovery.
After all the heavy rains, the Griffith Park fire roads are heavily damaged. I think I must of hit a dip which blew out my tire. My wife tells me bad things happen when I get too greedy with my cycling. Especially when I add more miles/elevation to an already strenuous ride!

Oh yeah, earlier in the week I almost got hit by a plow truck clearing the fire roads over at GP. I'm beginning to think I should just stick to trail riding!
Old 01-27-23, 09:11 PM
CAT7RDR

Bikes: 1999 Schwinn Peloton Ultegra 10, Kestrel RT-1000 Ultegra, Trek Marlin 6 Deore 29'er

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 685 Post(s)
Liked 1,563 Times in 776 Posts
Originally Posted by jonathanf2 View Post
After all the heavy rains, the Griffith Park fire roads are heavily damaged. I think I must of hit a dip which blew out my tire. My wife tells me bad things happen when I get too greedy with my cycling. Especially when I add more miles/elevation to an already strenuous ride!

Oh yeah, earlier in the week I almost got hit by a plow truck clearing the fire roads over at GP. I'm beginning to think I should just stick to trail riding!

I did something stupid last week in a school zone when I became impatient waiting for the line of SUVS and tried to weave through the masses.
Sometime the 25 mph zones are not followed and I did not give a good looksy of another SUV doing about 50 mph coming up on the lane I was about to enter.
One more pedal and I was a hood ornament.
Mental note: stay out of school zones and take a long look for fast traffic.
Old 01-28-23, 06:07 AM
ooga-booga
lead on, macduff!

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1464 Post(s)
Liked 2,561 Times in 1,404 Posts
be careful all. you are not replaceable. enjoy but within set parameters. revisit my biggest riding regret/dumbest decision ever at least once a week mentally.
was lucky to only suffer weeklong bruises/pain, a $350 bike repair bill and a 6 hr visit to the er after a spectacular, prime-time, place of interest collision on a 92+ degree day.
know that we wanna keep moving but sometimes slow is your friend.

Last edited by ooga-booga; 01-28-23 at 06:13 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.