Go Back  Bike Forums > The Racer's Forum > "The 33"-Road Bike Racing
Reload this Page >

Choose my Podcast Topics

Notices
"The 33"-Road Bike Racing We set this forum up for our members to discuss their experiences in either pro or amateur racing, whether they are the big races, or even the small backyard races. Don't forget to update all the members with your own race results.

Choose my Podcast Topics

Old 05-02-19, 09:10 AM
Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1325 Post(s)
Liked 1,306 Times in 560 Posts
Choose my Podcast Topics

I've been pushing my Youtube channel a lot lately (need subscribers - link in sig) and have been getting comments about how we haven't had a podcast episode come out in a while. I don't know how many of you guys listen to mine and this is one of the only places left on the internet where I haven't insulated myself with only the voices of those who can stand me. I figured it was as good a place as any - what should we talk about?

...and you can save the "podcasts are so over" bit as well. I have never had a huge listening but it's enough to keep up with the effort.

Old 05-02-19, 09:20 AM
ancker
W**** B*

Bikes: Several

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
FWIW, Podcasts are sort of back. There's a ton coming out all the time...

I haven't listened to your podcast yet, so maybe you've covered this stuff already:
1) Event Organizing and Promotion (Advice for a new organizer, tips/tricks, etc)
2) How to structure and/or build team training rides. (Particularly with widely varying ability levels.)
Old 05-02-19, 09:51 AM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Quoted: 1327 Post(s)
Liked 2,440 Times in 1,426 Posts
First, are you talking about podcasts (digital audio) or videos? I glanced at your youtube channel and of course, it is all videos that appear to be about mechanical bike stuff where video would be an asset. Have you produced any podcasts?
Old 05-02-19, 10:02 AM
Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Thought I had it in my sig. Apparently it's not.

Road Is Dead

Lots of hours produced already. Lots of good stuff already. Mostly about racing and the loss of mentorship, etc.

Listen to the Kenny Labbe ones and maybe the one with Wayne Simon and Kevin Moncrief - that includes a lot of junior worlds info about him and lance and hincapie, etc. The future of the bike shop - is the bike shop dead one is the most popular all time....

It's funny because my youtube is all tech and the podcast is all racing and the sport and development, etc. People have been asking for more tech in the podcast. Topic suggested this morning is to discuss road disc.

Old 05-02-19, 03:12 PM
Enthalpic
Killing Rabbits

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked 217 Times in 102 Posts
It should probably be focused on the science and physiology of training and racing.
Old 05-02-19, 06:13 PM
Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Originally Posted by Enthalpic
It should probably be focused on the science and physiology of training and racing.
... and that is exactly what I don't do.

There's a ton of coaches out there that have podcasts. There's a ton of ex racers out there that have podcasts.

I'm not looking for a new direction with it - rather topics. We have a pretty good following for the last 3 years now. Something like 35 or 40 episodes.

The premise has always been, "Experience sitting around in a Chicagoland Bike shop. General discussion about racing, bicycles and the industry." It has gotten off track multiple times but in the beginning we just had someone come in and we sat down and started talking. That always worked great. Anthony left for another job in October and since then it's just been a pain to get more than 2 of us in a room at the same time wanting to talk about anything in particular.

The, "racing is dying and it's all because of masters who want to be paid for being prima donnas" bit is played out and even I'm tired of it. Meh....I'll figure something out always but just looking for ideas. I'm not a coach. I've never had success as a racer but can usually tell racers what they should do during a race (I guess that's coaching but not training coaching). I know how to put on races. I know how to provide team support. I know how to fix just about anything and I have an opinion about anything technical. I have a streak of retro grouch in me that provides entertainment.

Old 05-02-19, 06:24 PM
caloso

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 2952 Post(s)
Liked 3,106 Times in 1,417 Posts
Cycling is one of the few sports where a middle-aged amateur can legitimately train alongside a national or world class athlete. I was thinking about this the other day when we had a pro come out to the local Saturday ride. That's always a fun dynamic for me and most riders are pretty excited about it, although no one would admit it. I'd like to know what's the perspective of the pro: obviously he has different expectations and goals than I do. Is it just junk mileage? Is it a risk? Is it fun?
Old 05-02-19, 06:47 PM
Enthalpic
Killing Rabbits

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked 217 Times in 102 Posts
Originally Posted by Psimet2001
... and that is exactly what I don't do.
It was a joke based on the other new podcast thread.

Personally I'm not going to listen to podcasts as I would rather read. I do, however, occasionally watch bike repair videos on you tube; I would just do more of that.
Old 05-15-19, 10:51 AM
Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

So we did Disc brakes on road and a lot of talk about gravel.

Doing a call in tonight with the guy from Cat3memes

Should be fun.

Old 05-16-19, 03:08 PM
Ygduf
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bikes: aggressive agreement is what I ride.

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Quoted: 967 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Psimet2001
So we did Disc brakes on road and a lot of talk about gravel.

Doing a call in tonight with the guy from Cat3memes

Should be fun.
please confirm or deny if this
is parody? ah damn, I'm a day late.