Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Tales of Gravel

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-22, 05:15 PM
cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Liked 631 Times in 430 Posts
Tales of Gravel

One can have an adventure on any bike - roadie, mtb, hybrid/city bike, Oma or Opa Fiets, cargo-bike...
But 'gravel' does seem to cover all the options...
Found this article today. One version of 'Now' and 'Then' and 'Was'; with 'gravel' all wrapped up into life.
https://pezcyclingnews.com/features/...kissing-trees/
I could smell the moss on gritty old stone, the water, and the linseed oil... Edmond, a bonnie tale told...

... If you have a story, or find one, which strikes you in the mind and heart.
Post it here.
Ride On
Yuri
Likes For cyclezen:
Old 10-13-22, 08:27 AM
MikeIndy

Bikes: Trek Emonda, Trek Madone Disc, S-Works Diverge,Seven Evergreen SL Ti, Trek Fuel EX, Trek SuperCaliber, Farley Fat Bike, Trek Domane

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 9 Posts
I'll play along... I've been riding gravel for several years, in addition to MTB and Road biking. In 2018 I was in San Antonio for work. I was able to go a few days early and brought along my rig at the time, S-Works Diverge 1x. I made up a few routes and had one longer day planned of about 60 miles in an area west of San Antonio. It was very remote, but I'd seen a few segments on Strava and also talked to a LBS about where to ride. Anyway the ride was very interesting. Early on, there were fence posts with coyote strung up on the fence posts. The route had a few water crossings, moderate climbs and lots of gravel. At one point, I came across a creek and on the other side there were 3-4 genuine 'Longhorns' standing in the road looking at the solo rider. I stopped and pondered my options. Eventually two of them moved to the side of the road and another remained in the center of the road. I decided to pass on the left, slowly. Fortunately, he just looked at me and let me pass. Later in my route, I found 'Utopia"! Well, Utopia, TX anyway. It was a great day in the middle of nowhere Texas on a very gravel route. Loved it!

Likes For MikeIndy: