Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Tandem Cycling
Reload this Page >

Does a tandem fit into newer Toyota Sienna?

Notices
Tandem Cycling A bicycle built for two. Want to find out more about this wonderful world of tandems? Check out this forum to talk with other tandem enthusiasts. Captains and stokers welcome!

Old 06-10-22, 09:21 PM
wjjones
Slowpoke

Bikes: Shinola Detroit Arrow; Burley Rumba tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts

As per the title, does anyone here own a newer hybrid Sienna? They are supposedly a bit smaller inside. I know tandems fit the previous models just fine (with the front wheel removed).
Old 06-11-22, 05:22 AM
ferengii
Ferengii

Bikes: Co-Motion tandem; Bilenky tandem; Trek Domane SL6

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 13 Posts
We looked to replace our Sienna with the new model, but when I learned that the second row of seats were not removable, we dropped it from consideration. We transport multiple single bikes regularly as well, but the seats have to be removed. We also use the the van as a camper (sleeping inside) with the seats removed and lock the tandem to the door handle outside overnight. Again, no seat removal capability is a no-go. If you only ever carry a tandem inside and have no need for seat removal (to haul large stuff - plywood, etc.), then I suppose it’s ok. But I can’t answer your direct question about how a tandem fits since we didn’t bother to test it.
Old 06-11-22, 05:37 PM
ReedCycle

Bikes: 2010 Calfee Tetra Tandem

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I have a Toyota Sienna 7- passenger XLE on order. I checked the fit with one on the lot, and our Calfee fit fine with the front wheel off. The second-row captain chairs were slid all the way forward and tilted to the front, and there was plenty of room to roll the back wheel between the seats. There was room to spare between the handlebars and the rear hatch.
Old 06-11-22, 08:03 PM
wjjones
Slowpoke

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ReedCycle
I have a Toyota Sienna 7- passenger XLE on order. I checked the fit with one on the lot, and our Calfee fit fine with the front wheel off. The second-row captain chairs were slid all the way forward and tilted to the front, and there was plenty of room to roll the back wheel between the seats. There was room to spare between the handlebars and the rear hatch.
Do you know if you can leave one of the second-row captain's chairs upright and still fit the tandem? We'd like to take a third person and her single bike bike along, too.
Old 06-11-22, 08:08 PM
ReedCycle

Bikes: 2010 Calfee Tetra Tandem

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by wjjones
Do you know if you can leave one of the second-row captain's chairs upright and still fit the tandem? We'd like to take a third person and her single bike bike along, too.
I didn't try it with one of the seats in a normal position. It is possible it might work, but you would have to try it out to make sure.
Old 06-17-22, 08:52 PM
wjjones
Slowpoke

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
We bought an older version this week, so it’s a moot point now. Thanks.