Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Southeast
Reload this Page >

Best Type of Bike for West Palm Beach/PB

Search
Notices
Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-22, 12:32 PM
hotlantahim5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm thinking I want to go single gear for some fun. Just walked the Lake Trail and it was too busy to ever go too fast. Don't wanna to travel north for mountain biking or trail riding. Wondering what type of bike people find the most useful. Only hill I'll have his the bridge. 45M looking for a little bunny hop action. Can't stand cruisers and track bike seems like overkill. what does everyone like around here and why?
Old 04-09-22, 07:00 PM
SilverRubicon

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 14 Posts
I'd guess you'll want something that will accept a 40mm+ tire for the inevitable sand you'll encounter on rides. Something like the Salsa Stormchaser would be great as a single speed, drop bar bike. Or a Kona Unit for something more mountain bikey.

https://www.salsacycles.com/bikes/2021_stormchaser_single_speed
https://konaworld.com/unit.cfm
Old 08-28-22, 01:46 AM
Sunwukong

Bikes: Ribble R872, single speed frankencycle

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Sorry, late to the party, still looking for a city bike? My go to urban ride for anything from Palm Beach to Miami is an all steel beast, a one speed bike with a coaster brake. It's not pretty, but it's perfect for banging around on Tri Rail and locking outside cafes. Someday I'll step up to an aluminum frame, belt drive. By the way, South Ocean Drive, Palm Beach to Lake Worth, in the early AM gets my vote for the 2nd or 3rd best high speed road bike cruise on the Atlantic Ocean.