Search
Notices
"The 33"-Road Bike Racing We set this forum up for our members to discuss their experiences in either pro or amateur racing, whether they are the big races, or even the small backyard races. Don't forget to update all the members with your own race results.

33 Weight Status

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-24, 01:44 PM
Enthalpic
Killing Rabbits

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked 217 Times in 102 Posts
Originally Posted by ridethecliche
That felt needlessly harsh
Perhaps. However, my point still stands. Telling us that you have an awesome new training diet and then not showing us the details is lame. Why even mention it on a forum if you didn't want to discuss it?

Whatever, he can spend his money on a fad diet.

Last edited by Enthalpic; 02-29-24 at 06:13 PM.
Old 03-05-24, 09:56 AM
TMonk
Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Quoted: 2632 Post(s)
Liked 3,149 Times in 1,657 Posts
Pre-ride weight a bit high this morning, 147 lbs. I have a couple easy days coming up so I will probably watch the snacking a bit and focus on quality nutrition, portion size etc. Realistically though I'm not super worried about it - this is normal for me.

Pre-surgery, I would normally live in 145 - 147. After the hernia op (early Jan.) I lost some muscle and got used to seeing 143 - 145 lbs, which was nice I guess, but that's not normal or healthy for me. I was weak.
Old 03-18-24, 12:16 PM
Surfer3287

Bikes: 2018 Specialized Allez Sprint

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Back in the U.S now A long Korean winter of gym work and occasional runs when the weather was nice enough meant some weight gain (along with some increased strength.)

Official weight on arrival was 139.4 lbs. My bike is still in transit, so I was running the past 9 days until I weighted myself. 42 mile week. Weight today was 138.6 lbs.

We'll see how many miles I can actually ride this early in the season once my bike arrives in CO.
Likes For Surfer3287:
Old 03-18-24, 02:55 PM
Phatman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 51 Posts
Posting in this thread because I've got some work to do. I'm a fairly tall 6'2" guy that's naturally muscle-y and was sitting at 192 and 9.2% BF last summer. I wanted to do some 'cross racing for the fall so I started working some running into my program and then promptly injured my Achilles. I got that under control by October with some intensive PT, and then tweaked my back picking my daughter up out of the tub one night the week before Thanksgiving. The back thing was thankfully just a muscle pull but man it took a while to feel better and riding has suffered as a result. The Holidays hit me hard with a lot of sweets, alcohol and limited exercise because of the back thing and I, um, managed to put on some pounds.

Bottom line, I was 209 (body fat unknown, not sure I want to know) this morning and that's got to change. Hilariously, my power numbers are better than they've ever been, just set a record 8 minute power last Thursday. I do my intervals on a gradual incline near my house though and I cover significantly less distance than before injury, despite putting out more power.

The plan is more veggies, less sugar, no alcohol, no sugar sweetened beverages, 3 meals and 2 snacks with protein per day. We'll see how it goes.
Likes For Phatman:
Old 03-19-24, 07:43 AM
TMonk
Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Quoted: 2632 Post(s)
Liked 3,149 Times in 1,657 Posts
body weight up to 147 this morning, pretty common after a mini block like I had over F/S/Su. Had to eat a ton and a bit bloated from the fatigue. A couple days of light spinning and clean eating and I'll be right back down to 145. Hopefully with some gainz in the legs (by way of metabolic efficiency)
Old 03-26-24, 08:40 AM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Quoted: 1340 Post(s)
Liked 2,482 Times in 1,457 Posts
160.4 this AM 8.5% body fat. This is a good weight for my next cycling event that is cycling in Corsica in July. It may drift up as I put on more muscle mass and that is okay with me.
Likes For Hermes: