Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Early Brifter Bikes - 7,8, and 9 Speed
Reload this Page >

Campy Mirage/Veloce fd shifting correctly?

Notices
Early Brifter Bikes - 7,8, and 9 Speed Not vintage, not new, but still loved!

Campy Mirage/Veloce fd shifting correctly?

Old 11-14-21, 10:46 AM
dryheatbob

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Campy Mirage/Veloce fd shifting correctly?

Hey all-

I'm new to roadbikes and just picked up a '97 Bianchi Eros with Mirage brifters, Veloce fd, triple chainring setup. What's confusing me are the multiple settings(clicks) when I shift from one chainring to the next. Are these interim clicks some type of trim setting to keep the fd from rubbing the chain? Never had something like that on the mtb's I have. Typically takes two clicks to move from one chainring to the next.

I'm guessing this is what the various settings are for so what I'm trying to figure out is if the fd is set up correctly. At the moment it seems correct in that the inner and outer settings do not allow the chain to jump off the chainring or rub the fd.

Thanks in advance for any info anyone can send my way.

Robert
Old 11-15-21, 08:24 AM
SJX426 

Bikes: '65 Frejus TDF, '73 Bottecchia Giro d'Italia, '83 Colnago Superissimo, '84 Trek 610, '84 Trek 760, '88 Pinarello Veneto, '88 De Rosa Pro, '89 Pinarello Montello, '94 Burley Duet, 97 Specialized RockHopper, 2010 Langster, Tern Link D8

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1601 Post(s)
Liked 2,187 Times in 1,092 Posts
Welcome to BF!
Your assumption is correct, trim positions.
As long as you are able to shift between the two, what ever the number of clicks, it is good.
I have Chorus and Record Ergos, 8v, 9v and 10v, dual and triple rings. The all have clicks between the positions for the FD.