Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

Feeling pretty dumb

Old 11-05-20, 04:31 PM
woofy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Feeling pretty dumb

30 years in ITS, tours as a network engineer, database admin, developer, and tech lead, and before that SYSOP of a FidoNet bulleting board and I cannot - for the life of me - see how to get to the last post in a thread.

If I enter a thread that is 3000 years old, I do not want to read everything. I want to see the last week. I can't use the show first unread, because that's the first page. I just want to get to the end. And instead, I am faced with scrolling and scrolling nd scrolling. WHat the hell am I missing. I am not seeing the control.
Old 11-05-20, 04:43 PM
ScottRiqui

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 22 Posts
When I'm using my laptop to browse in a thread, I have page navigation controls at the bottom of the screen that say "First," "Previous," "Next," and "Last." Clicking on "Last" takes me to the last page of the thread.

Even before entering a specific thread, the page that lists the threads in a topic also has links next to each thread that go to specific pages - the links look like "1 2 3 4 6...last page". Clicking on one of the numbers takes you to the associated page, and clicking "last page" takes you into the thread on the last page.
Old 11-05-20, 06:15 PM
ahsposo 
Artificial Member

Bikes: Retrospec Judd, Dahon Boardwalk, Specialized Langster

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 6755 Post(s)
Liked 5,463 Times in 3,214 Posts
Here's a picture to illustrate ScottRiqui 's excellent instructional.

That's a Chrome browser, W10 no ads because I like it that way.
Old 11-05-20, 06:32 PM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3084 Post(s)
Liked 6,543 Times in 3,756 Posts
Go here: https://www.bikeforums.net/profile.php?do=editoptions

Scroll about 2/3 down the page and disable Infinite Scroll.

Likes For cb400bill: