Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

Zwift-TrainingPeaks-Garmin-Strava workout help

Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-23, 08:39 PM
force10

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 43 Posts

This is going to be a little complicated.

I import/sync workouts from TP to Zwift and my Garmin 530 head unit. I do the workouts while viewing Zwift and record them on both Zwift and the 530.

I save the file from the 530 first so that it uploads to TP and I get the metrics there that I need. I save the Zwift file next - it saves within Zwift fine. It also uploads automatically to TP (where I dont need it) but does not upload to Strava automatically (because it is read as a duplicate file).

I do not need the Zwift file in TP but I do like have them synced so that I can/view do the workouts on Zwift. In other words, I need a one way connection from TP to Zwift, if possible.

Also, I would prefer to have the Zwift file go to Strava, rather than the file from the Garmin 530 - because the Garmin file does not contain any elevation data and the distance data is always very short. I could un-sync Garmin and Strava and I assume that would eliminate the duplication problem and the Zwift file would go to Strava automatically. But then outdoor rides recorded only on the 530 would not automatically sync to Strava.

Obviously, this is not an important dilemma. But I am hoping it is one that is common enough that someone has a clever solution.
Old 02-01-23, 06:07 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4386 Post(s)
Liked 4,827 Times in 2,983 Posts
Why don't you just record your indoor rides in Zwift and export them automatically to Strava, TP and Garmin Connect? Why do you need to record Zwift rides on your Garmin 530?
Old 02-01-23, 07:39 AM
force10

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 43 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
Why don't you just record your indoor rides in Zwift and export them automatically to Strava, TP and Garmin Connect? Why do you need to record Zwift rides on your Garmin 530?
Primarily because the 530 collects pedal stroke metrics (smoothness and L/R power) that Zwift doesn’t. Also, if I follow/record the workout on the 530, I get precise lap intervals.