Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

Tacx Genius Interface Needed

Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-23, 06:56 PM
StanJF

Bikes: Giant TCR Advanced SL3, Koba MTB, Zieleman Type Special criterium bike, Gitane Pro track bike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Back in 2014 I bought a Tacx Genius T2000 home trainer. At the time, it was one of the premier virtual trainers on the market at an equally premier price. It's been working well up to now but today the Genius Interface controller stopped working. It's a handlebar mounted device that allows you to control the software while riding. I found a replacement interface on eBay but the price is nearly the same as the whole trainer. Can anyone recommend a source I can try for replacement part? I tried Garmin/Tacx reps and they said they don't carry it anymore. Unfortunately the brake is not "smart" and cannot be recognized by Zwift or other Ant+/BT apps to bypass the need for PC-based software and virtual rides.
Old 01-11-23, 09:25 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1136 Post(s)
Liked 1,181 Times in 687 Posts
I know nothing about this, but, what exactly is the problem? Just a button or two not responding? Or the whole thing not responding?
Old 02-29-24, 09:48 PM
StanJF

Bikes: Giant TCR Advanced SL3, Koba MTB, Zieleman Type Special criterium bike, Gitane Pro track bike

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by spelger
I know nothing about this, but, what exactly is the problem? Just a button or two not responding? Or the whole thing not responding?
HI, I'm so sorry for my late (by 1 year) reply but I only now noticed it. Not sure why I don't get notifications from the Bike Forum anymore. Basically the whole thing doesn't work. It may have gotten damaged from corrosion as I left the batteries inside for a long time. It's an interface the helps control the Tacx software while you ride and although nice to have, can still operate the trainer without it. But I would like to find a replacement if at all possible. I check with Garmin who now owns Tacx and they said they don't carry the parts. Hence my "hail Mary pass" here.
Old 03-01-24, 07:47 AM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1136 Post(s)
Liked 1,181 Times in 687 Posts
well you've been putting up with it AWOL for over a year now it must not be all that important and you can obviously live without it. since it is NLA and broken i'd be inclined to take it apart and see what there is to see. clean it up inside if corrosion is the problem or not. put it back together and try again. its broken. you can't make it worse.
Old 03-02-24, 10:05 AM
zacster

Bikes: Kuota Kredo/Chorus, Trek 7000 commuter, Trek 8000 MTB and a few others

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 464 Times in 365 Posts
There are some good deals on new trainers out there. If this Tacx trainer has a proprietary interface it may be otherwise obsolete too. Don't throw good money after bad. My own trainer (Kickr core) is already 6 or 7 years old but still follows all the current open protocols and just works with whatever I use it with.