Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Latest Rouvy update...

Old 01-18-23, 11:07 AM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1124 Post(s)
Liked 1,171 Times in 682 Posts
Latest Rouvy update...

not liking it. wondering if they pulled a zwift and introduced a bug. the split icons are now missing from the elevation profile. stinks really because i no longer know when one is coming up until when right on top. also, i find it annoying that they removed the mileage/elevation progress and replaced it with count down counters instead.

funny too because this last update only mentioned bug corrections, not new features. i like the older version better, i've reached out to see if an older version can be installed but no word yet.
Old 01-19-23, 10:21 AM
dmanthree

Bikes: Garmin/Tacx Bike Smart

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 646 Post(s)
Liked 289 Times in 191 Posts
I just updated and will ride it this afternoon. Curious to see if this is an isolated issue or not.
Old 01-19-23, 11:19 AM
spelger

got a reply from rouvy this morning, they will be addressing it with a correction in about two weeks time:Magadeline (ROUVY)

Jan 19, 2023, 08:43 GMT+1
Hello,

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. The issue was reported to the Dev team and they are working on fixing the feature. This should be fixed in the next version to be released. Probably the end of the month or the beginning of February.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Best Regards,
ROUVY Team
Old 01-20-23, 03:09 AM
nicocyclo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
I get that you are upset about the latest update, but itīs not a big deal. If you want to know when the elevation comes, you have still the bar on the bottom of the screen to make a prediction of it. And the countdown, yeah agree with you, they could at least give a choice in the settings in the game to choose between countdown or the previous version. But hopefully, they will add it later on. It is difficult to come up with a new thing so that everyone is satisfied.
Old 01-20-23, 01:46 PM
biker222

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 11 Posts
I agree with you. Also received same response from Magadeline (ROUVY)
Old 01-20-23, 02:19 PM
surak

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Canyon Inflite AL SLX, Ibis Ripley AF, Priority Continuum Onyx, Santana Vision, Kent Dual-Drive Tandem

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 871 Post(s)
Liked 725 Times in 436 Posts
The latest version is an emergency fix for bugs they introduced to the previous version where they made those UI changes and broke things, that's why it wasn't mentioned. Most users have not been happy with the changes, but sounds like Rouvy has heard and will course correct.
Likes For surak:
Old 01-20-23, 02:31 PM
spelger

emergency fix...really? i am usually good about updating rouvy after or before a ride if need be and don't recall any introduced bugs in the past. that's why i found it so ironic about this last update. the release notes only stated "bug fixes."

immediately after that update i kept wondering what the bugs might have been then noticed some of the wonky things. the bugs they purportedly fixed were probably in some features i had not been using so never noticed.
Old 01-20-23, 04:45 PM
surak

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Canyon Inflite AL SLX, Ibis Ripley AF, Priority Continuum Onyx, Santana Vision, Kent Dual-Drive Tandem

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 871 Post(s)
Liked 725 Times in 436 Posts
https://support.rouvy.com/hc/en-us/a...7798-Changelog

At time of posting the bug fix release isn't listed yet. You simply didn't run Rouvy between the time the release with the UI changes happened and the emergency release went out.
Old 01-20-23, 05:38 PM
spelger

Thanks for the update notes list. true, i was not using rouvy during the warmer months. when i restarted i only noticed the omni view and the strava segments. the rest looked similar from before.

in my last email i floated a suggestion to them that i would like to see them implement, not holding my breath though.
Old 01-26-23, 07:45 AM
Pacelineg

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 28 Posts
V2.20 has just been released, some great changes...thanks Rouvy!!
Old 01-26-23, 11:09 AM
spelger

i was happy to see the update yesterday. i like the new progress along with the count down. i no longer have to do any math while riding.