Search
Notices
Juniors Racing (All Disciplines) Entry level and/or 23 and younger here's where yo can mix and learn.

Which tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-21, 10:17 AM
Tipmart

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Which tires

My son recently got his first bike that's taking 700c wheels

A lot of his bike races, especially his triathlons are held in schools so they normally cycle around the car park which can include quite a few speed bumps.

Would normal tires be better than tubeless tires for the bumps if anyone has experience of using them over those things?

thanks
Old 07-26-21, 10:57 AM
zandoval 

Bikes: Univega, Peu P6, Peu PR-10, Ted Williams, Peu UO-8, Peu UO-18 Mixte, Peu Dolomites

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 957 Post(s)
Liked 1,619 Times in 1,039 Posts
If you have not seen this vid please check it out...

Old 07-26-21, 11:07 AM
zandoval 

Bikes: Univega, Peu P6, Peu PR-10, Ted Williams, Peu UO-8, Peu UO-18 Mixte, Peu Dolomites

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 957 Post(s)
Liked 1,619 Times in 1,039 Posts
Originally Posted by Tipmart
...Would normal tires be better than tubeless tires for the bumps...
Theoretically tube tires would be better at keeping the tire on the rim on a turning bump but, the guys I have talked to who use them on road bikes, have said there is really not much change except for the initial expense and the dread of eventually having to take them off and on the wheel.

If he were mountain biking I would consider Tubeless tires for sure. Tubless tires are certainly becoming the standard in road racing too. But maybe I would think of the expense. Tubeless tires and wheel sets are pretty much on the expensive side of things. I think you could get into competitive wheel sets using tubes a little cheaper than tubeless... For now...