Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

FS: Tall Bike Sale - several 25" Schwinns and 1 Bianchi

Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Old 09-20-21, 04:45 PM
justcynn

Bikes: Lots of Schwinns

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked 250 Times in 114 Posts

PRICE DROP, Get them now before they sell locally or on the Bay

My wife wants to park her car in the garage this winter and she veto'd me renting a storage locker, therefore I must cut my collection in Half I will get pictures added.or PM with any interest in specific bikes and I will take several for you

1988 Schwinn Premis - $275- (25"/63.5 C-T) Very nice Original condition, Suntour Cyclone Groupset (white). bike was advertised at 22 lbs in the Schwinn Catalogue, I weighed this one at 24.3. This bike is not ready to ride, it sits the way they packaged it in 1988. Does not have the original seat, that is the only item not original on this bike.

1985 Schwinn LeTour Luxe - $275 (25"/63.5CM C-T) Metallic Brown Color. This bike is very, very nice. It was third in the touring line up for 1985 behind the Schwinn Voyageur SP and Schwinn Voyageur. It became the Passage in 1986. Original condition survivor, the freewheel needs removed and cleaned. But I did install new Top Cabin Brown Bar tape, new Kenda 27 x 1 3/8 knobby gumwalls. It has a blackburn rack installed. If you want a vintage tourer in really nice original paint, this could be the one!

1990 Bianchi Axis Cyclocross bike - $200 - (need to measure, but its similar size to my 25" Schwinns) very nice original paint, with new Gravel King 700x35, original looking Bianchi Racing Saddle, Suntour XCD, rear wheel needs truing, and the drop bars need reinstalled. I bought it with turkey shifters and had planned to convert it to upright bars, but have since sourced a Suntour Bar Cons that would have been more likely to be original equipment.

1987 Schwinn Prelude - $275 - (25", 63.5CM C-T), another Columbus tenax - this one is Purple, (if it were Ice Pink, would not be for sale) this is a very nice original paint survivor.

1980 All Chrome Schwinn Voyageur 11.8. $525 (25"/63.5 C-T) I have it currently set up with 700x32 and 35 Gravel King SK's on some older 700C wheels. Everything else is original including the Altus Derailleur, Super Maxey Crankset, etc. I also have a set of reprodcution decals that go with it. If you prefer the original wheel set, I could include that instead. I stripped the clear coat, it shines very nicely. Only reason I am selling is I now have two.Chrome Voyageur 11.8's.

all prices on complete bikes priced $250 and above OBO and will come with a generic saddle. If you want a nicer brooks saddle, I can offer you the bike with that for an additional $75- all prices plus actual shipping cost from zip code 72023. Be aware these big frame bikes tend to cost about $120 to ship on Bikeflights.. Buy more than one, and I may be able to meet up with you somewhere if within 600 miles of where I live and I am going there this year. I will be in Iowa for sure at Christmas time and attending a Chiefs game in KC in early October I will discount complete bikes $50 if you choose to pick up, I live in Cabot AR. But Travel (drive) various places from time to time. with family in Iowa, Wisconsin, work in LA, TX, etc

1978 Schwinn LeTour III Frameset - $75. (25" 63.5 C-T) blue color I set this up as a single speed gravel bike and would be wiling to include some of the parts as part of the sale for an additional price if interested in that. Its a nice survivor original paint frame. These frames were made in Japan and have big tire clearance, I was running 700x40MM

1987 Schwinn Voyageur Frameset - $75 (25"/63.5 C-T) Rose Color this one is not as nice as the others, no major rust or dents though just paint is faded, not nearly as nice as a the other bikes I have, Could be built as a survivor with some patina or an excellent candidate for powder coating

1988 Schwinn LeTour - (25"/63.5CM C-T) red color - nice frame, complete bike - $90 pick up only

1987 Schwinn Traveler (25"/63.5CM C-T) Blue color, nice original survivor - $90 pick up only

Venmo or Paypal . I have bought a couple bikes from members and sold a couple as well to members here and on eBay. I will do my best to package your purchase with the utmost care.

thanks for looking. Please help me not have to scrape my wifes windshield this winter

Last edited by justcynn; 09-30-21 at 09:20 AM.
Old 09-21-21, 07:01 AM
mountaindave 
tantum vehi

Bikes: More than I care to admit

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Quoted: 1166 Post(s)
Liked 966 Times in 483 Posts
Originally Posted by justcynn
thanks for looking. Please help me not have to scrape my wifes windshield this winter
That made me smile. We have a tiny two car garage. I built parking for the family’s bikes, but the deal is that, when winter rolls around, she doesn’t have to scrape her windshield.
Likes For mountaindave:
Old 09-21-21, 08:57 PM
mhespenheide 

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse, LeMond Victoire, Bianchi Campione d'Italia, Kona Hei Hei, Ritchey Ultra, Schwinn "Paramount" PDG, '83 Trek 640

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked 317 Times in 206 Posts
Any of those Schwinns have a long top tube? Like 60 or 61cm center-to-center?
Old 09-22-21, 12:13 PM
justcynn

Originally Posted by mhespenheide
Any of those Schwinns have a long top tube? Like 60 or 61cm center-to-center?
the Premis and Prelude are the longest at 58, the LeTour Luxe is more like 57
Old 09-30-21, 07:06 AM
justcynn

My wife wants to park her car in the garage this winter and she veto'd me renting a storage locker, therefore I must cut my collection in Half I will get pictures added.or PM with any interest in specific bikes and I will take several for you

1988 Schwinn Premis - $275- (25"/63.5 CTC) Very nice Original condition, Suntour Cyclone Groupset (white). bike was advertised at 22 lbs in the Schwinn Catalogue, I weighed this one at 24.3. This bike is not ready to ride, it sits the way they packaged it in 1988. Does not have the original seat, that is the only item not original on this bike.

1985 Schwinn LeTour Luxe - $275 (25"/63.5CM CTC) Metallic Brown Color. This bike is very, very nice. It was third in the touring line up for 1985 behind the Schwinn Voyageur SP and Schwinn Voyageur. It became the Passage in 1986. Original condition survivor, the freewheel needs removed and cleaned. But I did install new Top Cabin Brown Bar tape, new Kenda 27 x 1 3/8 knobby gumwalls. It has a blackburn rack installed. If you want a vintage tourer in really nice original paint, this could be the one!

1990 Bianchi Axis Cyclocross bike - $200 - (need to measure, but its similar size to my 25" Schwinns) very nice original paint, with new Gravel King 700x35, original looking Bianchi Racing Saddle, Suntour XCD, rear wheel needs truing, and the drop bars need reinstalled. I bought it with turkey shifters and had planned to convert it to upright bars, but have since sourced a Suntour Bar Cons that would have been more likely to be original equipment.

1987 Schwinn Prelude - $275 - (25", 63.5CM CTC), another Columbus tenax - this one is Purple, (if it were Ice Pink, would not be for sale) this is a very nice original paint survivor.

1980 All Chrome Schwinn Voyageur 11.8. $525 (25"/63.5 CTC) I have it currently set up with 700x32 and 35 Gravel King SK's on some older 700C wheels. Everything else is original including the Altus Derailleur, Super Maxey Crankset, etc. I also have a set of reprodcution decals that go with it. If you prefer the original wheel set, I could include that instead. I stripped the clear coat, it shines very nicely. Only reason I am selling is I now have two.Chrome Voyageur 11.8's.

all prices on complete bikes priced $250 and above OBO and will come with a generic saddle. If you want a nicer brooks saddle, I can offer you the bike with that for an additional $75- all prices plus actual shipping cost from zip code 72023. Be aware these big frame bikes tend to cost about $120 to ship on Bikeflights.. Buy more than one, and I may be able to meet up with you somewhere if within 600 miles of where I live and I am going there this year. I will be in Iowa for sure at Christmas time and attending a Chiefs game in KC in early October I will discount complete bikes $50 if you choose to pick up, I live in Cabot AR. But Travel (drive) various places from time to time. with family in Iowa, Wisconsin, work in LA, TX, etc

1978 Schwinn LeTour III Frameset - $75. (25" 63.5 CTC) blue color I set this up as a single speed gravel bike and would be wiling to include some of the parts as part of the sale for an additional price if interested in that. Its a nice survivor original paint frame. These frames were made in Japan and have big tire clearance, I was running 700x40MM

1987 Schwinn Voyageur Frameset - $75 (25"/63.5 CTC) Rose Color this one is not as nice as the others, no major rust or dents though just paint is faded, not nearly as nice as a the other bikes I have, Could be built as a survivor with some patina or an excellent candidate for powder coating

1988 Schwinn LeTour - (25"/63.5CM CTC) red color - nice frame, complete bike - $90 pick up only

1987 Schwinn Traveler (25"/63.5CM CTC) Blue color, nice original survivor - $90 pick up only

Venmo or Paypal . I have bought a couple bikes from members and sold a couple as well to members here and on eBay. I will do my best to package your purchase with the utmost care.

PRICE DROP - also will be adding a very nice '85 Schwinn Peloton (25"), very nice '87 Trek 520 Cirrus (25"), '87 Schwinn Super Sport (24"). I need to sell some bikes, get these now before someone gets them off eBay or local
Old 09-30-21, 08:57 AM
obrentharris 

Bikes: Indeed!

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 1504 Post(s)
Liked 3,444 Times in 1,127 Posts
I'm a little confused here. (not unusual for me)
You list the sizes as center to center but didn't Schwinn measure center to top?

Also, if these bikes are in nice shape, I believe some good photos would help you to move some of them along.
Brent
Old 09-30-21, 09:17 AM
justcynn

1988 Schwinn Premis - $275- (25"/63.5 CTC) Very nice Original condition, Suntour Cyclone Groupset (white). bike was advertised at 22 lbs in the Schwinn Catalogue, I weighed this one at 24.3. This bike is not ready to ride, it sits the way they packaged it in 1988. Does not have the original seat, that is the only item not original on this bike.

1985 Schwinn LeTour Luxe - $275 (25"/63.5CM CTC) Metallic Brown Color. This bike is very, very nice. It was third in the touring line up for 1985 behind the Schwinn Voyageur SP and Schwinn Voyageur. It became the Passage in 1986. Original condition survivor, the freewheel needs removed and cleaned. But I did install new Top Cabin Brown Bar tape, new Kenda 27 x 1 3/8 knobby gumwalls. It has a blackburn rack installed. If you want a vintage tourer in really nice original paint, this could be the one!

1987 Schwinn Prelude - $275 - (25", 63.5CM CTC), another Columbus tenax - this one is Purple, (if it were Ice Pink, would not be for sale) this is a very nice original paint survivor.

1980 All Chrome Schwinn Voyageur 11.8. $525 (25"/63.5 CTC) I have it currently set up with 700x32 and 35 Gravel King SK's on some older 700C wheels. Everything else is original including the Altus Derailleur, Super Maxey Crankset, etc. I also have a set of reprodcution decals that go with it. If you prefer the original wheel set, I could include that instead. I stripped the clear coat, it shines very nicely. Only reason I am selling is I now have two.Chrome Voyageur 11.8's.

1978 Schwinn LeTour III Frameset - $75. (25" 63.5 CTC) blue color I set this up as a single speed gravel bike and would be wiling to include some of the parts as part of the sale for an additional price if interested in that. Its a nice survivor original paint frame. These frames were made in Japan and have big tire clearance, I was running 700x40MM

1987 Schwinn Voyageur Frameset - $75 (25"/63.5 CTC) Rose Color this one is not as nice as the others, no major rust or dents though just paint is faded, not nearly as nice as a the other bikes I have, Could be built as a survivor with some patina or an excellent candidate for powder coating

1988 Schwinn LeTour - (25"/63.5CM CTC) red color - nice frame, complete bike - $90 pick up only

1987 Schwinn Traveler (25"/63.5CM CTC) Blue color, nice original survivor - $90 pick up only

Originally Posted by obrentharris
I'm a little confused here. (not unusual for me)
You list the sizes as center to center but didn't Schwinn measure center to top?

Also, if these bikes are in nice shape, I believe some good photos would help you to move some of them along.
Brent
Schwinn Marketed their Lightweight Bikes as 19", 23", 25" etc. The bikes I have listed here are in fact 63.5MM middle of bottom bracket to top of seat tube. Thanks for the clarification.

Thanks for the suggestion on pics. I have been emailing and texting pics to interested parties as well, are there any bikes you are interested in?
Old 09-30-21, 09:34 AM
justcynn

1985 Schwinn LeTour Luxe Touring and 1985 Schwinn Peloton - Peloton asking $450 not including the saddle + shipping. Can include the original tubular wheel set instead of the velocity pictured if you like, but the tubular do not have tires on them

Old 10-01-21, 08:51 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10902 Post(s)
Liked 7,393 Times in 4,148 Posts
1985 Schwinn Peloton - Peloton asking $450 not including the saddle + shipping. Can include the original tubular wheel set instead of the velocity pictured if you like, but the tubular do not have tires on them
Its a really nice bike- top of their production line for that year and looks to be in pretty good condition.
The last thing I need is another 25" 80s Schwinn, but I havent owned a Peloton or an SL/SP Schwinn. Hmm...
Old 10-01-21, 08:54 AM
justcynn

Originally Posted by mstateglfr
Its a really nice bike- top of their production line for that year and looks to be in pretty good condition.
The last thing I need is another 25" 80s Schwinn, but I havent owned a Peloton or an SL/SP Schwinn. Hmm...
I will be coming to West Des Moines at Christmas time and my sister is coming for Thanksgiving and maybe could bring it back to Iowa, I can hook you up with a truck load of 25" Schwinn's for Christmas with Free Delivery!
Likes For justcynn:
Old 10-01-21, 09:59 AM
Gary12000 

Bikes: '71 Raleigh Inter, '98 Tommasini, '83 Trek 500, 83 Trek 720 '

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked 198 Times in 109 Posts
Do you ever get down to South Louisiana or Mid Louisiana, I am in baton Rouge.
Old 10-01-21, 01:35 PM
justcynn

Originally Posted by Gary12000
Do you ever get down to South Louisiana or Mid Louisiana, I am in baton Rouge.
I do go to Natchitoches and Hammond LA on occasion for Work. Shoot me a PM if any of these catch your eye, maybe we can work something out

. I do have a really nice '87 Trek 520 that I may be willing to let go as well. Basically, just way over did it with acquiring what I think are some really clean examples of these bikes - all of the sudden, there are too many!, need to downsize so I can stay on the hunt. But I am redesigning my storage system, so maybe that will help too
Old 10-01-21, 01:44 PM
justcynn

I do go to Natchitoches and Hammond LA on occasion for Work. Shoot me a PM if any of these catch your eye, maybe we can work something out

. I do have a really nice '87 Trek 520 that I may be willing to let go as well. Basically, just way over did it with acquiring what I think are some really clean examples of these bikes - all of the sudden, there are just too many!, need to downsize so I can stay on the hunt. But I am redesigning my storage system, so maybe that will help too

1988 Schwinn Premis. Hasn't hit the road yet, still has original tires. Did pull the bar tape since this pic

1987 Trek 520 Cirrus $475 - great riding bike, I ride this one quite a bit

1980 Schwinn Voyageur 11.8 $525 not including Brooks saddle
Old 10-01-21, 08:28 PM
Gary12000 

Bikes: '71 Raleigh Inter, '98 Tommasini, '83 Trek 500, 83 Trek 720 '

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked 198 Times in 109 Posts
PM sent

Message sent
Old 10-05-21, 10:53 AM
SilverSteve

Bikes: 2003 Iron Horse comfort bike (daily rider); 1981(?) Raleigh Super Grand Prix 25.5", 1983 Raleigh Super Course, 25.5", Austro-Daimler Inter 10, 1988 Trek 560 25.5"; 1986 Peugeot Mont Cenis 64cm.; more to come

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts

1988 Schwinn Premis - $275- (25"/63.5 C-T) Very nice Original condition, Suntour Cyclone Groupset (white). bike was advertised at 22 lbs in the Schwinn Catalogue, I weighed this one at 24.3. This bike is not ready to ride, it sits the way they packaged it in 1988. Does not have the original seat, that is the only item not original on this bike.

1985 Schwinn LeTour Luxe - $275 (25"/63.5CM C-T) Metallic Brown Color. This bike is very, very nice. It was third in the touring line up for 1985 behind the Schwinn Voyageur SP and Schwinn Voyageur. It became the Passage in 1986. Original condition survivor, the freewheel needs removed and cleaned. But I did install new Top Cabin Brown Bar tape, new Kenda 27 x 1 3/8 knobby gumwalls. It has a blackburn rack installed. If you want a vintage tourer in really nice original paint, this could be the one!

1987 Schwinn Prelude - $275 - (25", 63.5CM C-T), another Columbus tenax - this one is Purple, (if it were Ice Pink, would not be for sale) this is a very nice original paint survivor.

1980 All Chrome Schwinn Voyageur 11.8. $525 (25"/63.5 C-T) I have it currently set up with 700x32 and 35 Gravel King SK's on some older 700C wheels. Everything else is original including the Altus Derailleur, Super Maxey Crankset, etc. I also have a set of reprodcution decals that go with it. If you prefer the original wheel set, I could include that instead. I stripped the clear coat, it shines very nicely. Only reason I am selling is I now have two.Chrome Voyageur 11.8's.

1978 Schwinn LeTour III Frameset - $75. (25" 63.5 C-T) blue color I set this up as a single speed gravel bike and would be wiling to include some of the parts as part of the sale for an additional price if interested in that. Its a nice survivor original paint frame. These frames were made in Japan and have big tire clearance, I was running 700x40MM

1987 Schwinn Voyageur Frameset - $75 (25"/63.5 C-T) Rose Color this one is not as nice as the others, no major rust or dents though just paint is faded, not nearly as nice as a the other bikes I have, Could be built as a survivor with some patina or an excellent candidate for powder coating

1988 Schwinn LeTour - (25"/63.5CM C-T) red color - nice frame, complete bike - $90 pick up only

1987 Schwinn Traveler (25"/63.5CM C-T) Blue color, nice original survivor - $90 pick up only

Send me photos of those bikes, thanks. I'm tall and 25" and 27" frames fit me good. The more pics, the better!
Just use the defroster on windscreen in her car, mate. It'll melt the ice for easy scraping.
Old 10-05-21, 10:57 AM
SilverSteve

Bikes: 2003 Iron Horse comfort bike (daily rider); 1981(?) Raleigh Super Grand Prix 25.5", 1983 Raleigh Super Course, 25.5", Austro-Daimler Inter 10, 1988 Trek 560 25.5"; 1986 Peugeot Mont Cenis 64cm.; more to come

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
PRICE DROP - also will be adding a very nice '85 Schwinn Peloton (25"), very nice '87 Trek 520 Cirrus (25"), '87 Schwinn Super Sport (24"). I need to sell some bikes, get these now before someone gets them off eBay or local
Forgot to give you my email to send those pics, sorry: stevee2012@yahoo.com
Old 10-24-21, 10:33 PM
pamaguahiker 

Bikes: 2014 VeloOrange Campeur. late 90s Bianchi Cyclocross cro-mo frameset modified to touring, 1993 Bianchi Project 5, 80s Holdsworth Gemini Tandem

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts
That's the exact color as my first real road bike for the 1988 Schwinn Premis. It was 23 inches and I have it sitting in my stable right now. mint. Nice to see such a good selection of bikes!
Old 10-31-21, 10:47 AM
prairiepedaler
Banned.

Bikes: Looking for "the One"

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 320 Times in 212 Posts
Gee Whiz, tall guy here...

Salivating.
Old 02-07-22, 08:23 AM
Wheelgunner2

Bikes: 1976 Schwinn Super Le Tour 12.2, 1982 Bianchi Sport SS, 1986 Schwinn Super Sport, 2018 Fuji Jari 2.1, 2018 Advocate Cycles Seldom Seen, 2019 Brompton H6R

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Very late to the party, but is the 1987 Schwinn Voyageur frameset still available? I'm looking to build one up and it's just the right size. Thanks!
Old 02-07-22, 08:24 AM
justcynn

Originally Posted by Wheelgunner2
Very late to the party, but is the 1987 Schwinn Voyageur frameset still available? I'm looking to build one up and it's just the right size. Thanks!
yes, I still have several tall Bikes and Frames. Feel free to PM me and maybe we can get something set up.
Old 02-07-22, 12:00 PM
TimmyT 
Keener splendor

Bikes: Black Mountain Cycles Road and canti MX, Cannondale CAAD12, Bob Jackson Vigorelli

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked 80 Times in 51 Posts
That's a big purge. I'm interested in this Bianchi Axis.
What are the hubs on the Bianchi Axis, and how many speeds on the rear? Do you know if this bike has the high, euro styled bb or a regular road bike height?
Old 02-07-22, 12:34 PM
justcynn

Originally Posted by TimmyT
That's a big purge. I'm interested in this Bianchi Axis.
What are the hubs on the Bianchi Axis, and how many speeds on the rear? Do you know if this bike has the high, euro styled bb or a regular road bike height?
Sorry, the Bianchi is just a frame now (I'll try to update this old thread). orginally 3x7 - not sure on bottom bracket height. After not selling, it became a donor to another project
Old 02-07-22, 12:41 PM
TimmyT 
Keener splendor

Bikes: Black Mountain Cycles Road and canti MX, Cannondale CAAD12, Bob Jackson Vigorelli

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked 80 Times in 51 Posts
Sorry, the Bianchi is just a frame now (I'll try to update this old thread). orginally 3x7 - not sure on bottom bracket height. After not selling, it became a donor to another project
FF + HS + brakes/seatpost or something else?
LMK. I might still be interested.
Old 02-07-22, 12:50 PM
justcynn

Originally Posted by TimmyT
FF + HS + brakes/seatpost or something else?
LMK. I might still be interested.
PM Sent
Old 02-07-22, 02:28 PM
Wheelgunner2

Bikes: 1976 Schwinn Super Le Tour 12.2, 1982 Bianchi Sport SS, 1986 Schwinn Super Sport, 2018 Fuji Jari 2.1, 2018 Advocate Cycles Seldom Seen, 2019 Brompton H6R

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
yes, I still have several tall Bikes and Frames. Feel free to PM me and maybe we can get something set up.
Glad to hear the Voyageur frame is still available! I am very interested, but as a newbie to the forum I need to have enough posts to be able use the PM feature. I'll see where I can make some meaningful discussion contributions and message as soon as the system allows. Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.