Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

1991 Paramount PDG Series 3 - $300

Old 11-01-21, 04:17 PM
justcynn

Bikes: Lots of Schwinns

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked 250 Times in 114 Posts
1991 Paramount PDG Series 3 - $300

Set up as a fixie, close enough I can pick it up. Only pic in the listing, Seller describes paint as "pristine condition". Seller firm at $300. Would be my first Paramount, I realize these were the imported ones, not the Waterford but have read good things about them too. Not all that interested in a fixie, but I do have a Dura Ace 2x9 Groupset waiting for a nice frame. I thought about putting it on a Peloton Frame I already have, but the Peloton has the original Superbe group on it, so haven't been able to bring myself to parting it out.

$300 yay or nay on this Paramount?

Old 11-01-21, 05:26 PM
TugaDude

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 586 Post(s)
Liked 612 Times in 447 Posts
See if they have any of the old components and will add them to the deal. Mismatched wheels are a negative to me. They might have the original. You can sell the SS wheel. I assume it is your size?
Old 11-01-21, 05:33 PM
justcynn

Originally Posted by TugaDude
See if they have any of the old components and will add them to the deal. Mismatched wheels are a negative to me. They might have the original. You can sell the SS wheel. I assume it is your size?
yes its my size, good point on mismatched wheelset, seller says it was originally RX100 but no longer has the other components.

I tore down a Trek OCLV that had the Dura Ace Group and a nice Ksyrium wheelset and sold the frame on the bay, basically getting the groupset and wheelset for free

so its $300 for what seems to be a nice original frame and some leftover pieces to either sell or hang on a lesser frame as a fixie

thanks for the reply!
Old 11-01-21, 05:42 PM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3084 Post(s)
Liked 6,545 Times in 3,757 Posts
That is about FMV for a PDG-3, but only if it had all the original stuff. If I were interested in it I would offer $200.

Likes For cb400bill:
Old 11-01-21, 05:43 PM
bikemike73 

Bikes: 1973 Schwinn Sports Tourer plus a " few" more :)

Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked 199 Times in 147 Posts
I have a RWB 1991 Paramount.

LOVE IT !!

$300.00 is a fair price.

Looks to be in good condition.

Hard to really tell from only one pic.....

Good Luck

You will not be sorry if you go get it...........
Likes For bikemike73:
Old 11-02-21, 09:08 AM
xiaoman1 

Bikes: A few too many

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1361 Post(s)
Liked 2,176 Times in 1,181 Posts
A bit too high IMHO.....too much of the original parts are missing.
Offer a bit less "after" it sits for a while or if you really must have it, buy it, what are a few dollars? Nothing is worse than regret for not pulling the trigger.

Good Luck,Ben

Voice recognition may sometimes create odd spelling and grammatical errors

Old 11-02-21, 09:56 AM
justcynn

Originally Posted by xiaoman1
A bit too high IMHO.....too much of the original parts are missing.
Offer a bit less "after" it sits for a while or if you really must have it, buy it, what are a few dollars? Nothing is worse than regret for not pulling the trigger.

Good Luck,Ben
thanks for the input, I have a full garage of "had to have it" and this is nicer than many of those, so.... My daughter is moving home from college and living at home for a few months to save for a house, her one request was I clear a space for her to park her car in the garage. She is going to be disappointed
Old 11-02-21, 08:10 PM
krakhaus 

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked 460 Times in 176 Posts
You won't find one cheaper than that on Ebay. I'd buy it.
Old 11-02-21, 09:46 PM
DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked 1,123 Times in 746 Posts
Basically buying a frameset with this one

But your D-A build kit would be the bananas for it!

Id go for it -- might ask the dude if he's take $250 though
Old 11-03-21, 01:53 PM
zukahn1 

Bikes: Current 79 Nishiki Custum Sport, Jeunet 620, notable previous bikes P.K. Ripper loop tail, Kawahara Laser Lite, Paramount Track full chrome, Raliegh Internatioanl, Motobecan Super Mirage. 59 Crown royak 3 speed

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 789 Post(s)
Liked 1,738 Times in 629 Posts
I would say to much also I would try for $200 flat tires no bar tape and iffy SS setup so not a rider that and it is pictured wrong side in front of a cheap storage locker equals major discount IIMHO. I would expect to get it for half the $300-400 what one in nice complete ride ready shape would go for.
Likes For zukahn1:
Old 11-04-21, 09:22 PM
plonz 

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 654 Post(s)
Liked 466 Times in 300 Posts
Frame looks to be in really good condition. My take is if this bike scratches an immediate itch, it’s a good buy. You’re likely seeing other PDG Paramounts in all the wrong sizes and many at higher prices. If a Paramount is just one of many vintage bikes you’d consider and you’re looking for the next sweet deal, then be patient and keep looking.
Old 11-05-21, 06:42 AM
justcynn

thank you for all of the replies and input, the seller has been slow to respond, aparently unwilling to send extra pic, etcs, its about 3 hours from me on a route I travel on occasion, will pass for now and keep an eye on it. not so much the money, just the lack of m(any) original components. i do like minty paint though and if this one is in fact minty....but too many times I have made extra effort and didn't turn out as described and this time my family will be with me and they wont see the extra time to evaluate this/potentially purchase as time well spent
Likes For justcynn:
Old 11-05-21, 07:22 AM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 4219 Post(s)
Liked 2,940 Times in 1,800 Posts
Originally Posted by justcynn
thank you for all of the replies and input, the seller has been slow to respond, aparently unwilling to send extra pic, etcs, its about 3 hours from me on a route I travel on occasion, will pass for now and keep an eye on it. not so much the money, just the lack of m(any) original components. i do like minty paint though and if this one is in fact minty....but too many times I have made extra effort and didn't turn out as described and this time my family will be with me and they wont see the extra time to evaluate this/potentially purchase as time well spent
Sounds like a good choice.
Old 11-06-21, 05:03 PM
AngryFrankie

Bikes: Trek 400 Elance, Losa Winner, 1994 Schwinn Paramount, Specialized Tarmac Pro, Miele SLX, Ibis Ripley, Colnago Oval CX, 84 Masi GC, 1986 Schwinn Voyageur, 1988 Schwinn Tempo, 1998 Schwinn Peloton, 1991 Paramount Ser3

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 55 Posts
Good call. I grabbed same bike all original parts (RSX?) for less than $100 a couple of years ago. It's basically a Panasonic DX4000 or so. Just too much for the frame only and some fixie parts.