Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Hello everyone!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-21, 09:51 PM
CycleGemini

Bikes: Wilier

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hello everyone!

Hi Everyone!

This is Tina, and I registered the forum for a while, but not post anything, I am actually waiting for the good moment when I get my own bike and start my cycling life.

So I have done some research online and visited the local store, and finally I ordered my first road bike yesterday,. I thought it will be great time for me to start the journey now, haha! I cannot wait for the new bike arrive.

So the bike I ordered:
Wilier Carbon frame + Shimano 105 group set + Rim brake . It might be the best bike I can afford and I hope it will be a great choice. The store owner say the bike can arrive within one week time, so after that I can start training. I know there will be many activites from next Spring, so I hope I could be enough good to join those activities. Any advice?
Old 12-12-21, 11:37 PM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Quoted: 4806 Post(s)
Liked 3,928 Times in 2,553 Posts
Welcome Tina! Good choice for a ride. Now, when it comes, work closely with the shop to set it up to fit. I'm guessing you are relatively new to serious riding. If so - bike fit is the most important aspect for both performance and enjoyment of a bike. IMO, by quite a lot. Fit changes overtime. You will morph into becoming more comfortable in a good riding position. (And if you keep riding you will someday have to address that aging factor!) Listen to your body. Keep an open mind. Never settle for a bike that doesn't put a grin on your face.
Likes For 79pmooney:
Old 12-13-21, 01:35 PM
Wildwood 
Veteran, Pacifist

Bikes: Bikes??? Thought this was social media?!?

Mentioned: 284 Post(s)
Quoted: 3898 Post(s)
Liked 4,832 Times in 2,229 Posts
Welcome.
Nice bike.

Advice = rubber side down, at all times!

2nd advice = work up to your goals sensibly.
The greatest benefit comes with a lifetime of consistent cycling, not a couple of years of ‘hard effort’.

clear your handlebars and your mind will follow.
Old 12-13-21, 07:30 PM
CycleGemini

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by 79pmooney
Welcome Tina! Good choice for a ride. Now, when it comes, work closely with the shop to set it up to fit. I'm guessing you are relatively new to serious riding. If so - bike fit is the most important aspect for both performance and enjoyment of a bike. IMO, by quite a lot. Fit changes overtime. You will morph into becoming more comfortable in a good riding position. (And if you keep riding you will someday have to address that aging factor!) Listen to your body. Keep an open mind. Never settle for a bike that doesn't put a grin on your face.
Thank you 79pmooney, I am keen on the bike size as well, as I know a littler higher bike might cause a lot inconvenience (I tried one at shop). I hope the XS size fit me, and I will go to the shop and help them adjust the size for me accordingly. If there is any feedback from my body that I need to adjust the fit, I will also go to the shop again. So lucky I found a shop near from where I live.
Old 12-13-21, 07:32 PM
CycleGemini

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Wildwood
Welcome.
Nice bike.

Advice = rubber side down, at all times!

2nd advice = work up to your goals sensibly.
The greatest benefit comes with a lifetime of consistent cycling, not a couple of years of ‘hard effort’.
Thank you Wildwood for the great advice! I will keep up cycling.
Old 12-14-21, 05:35 AM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 853 Post(s)
Liked 1,436 Times in 818 Posts
CG, welcome to the Forums. Nice bike, take care of it and ride it like you own it. Enjoy the ride, be safe.
Old 12-14-21, 06:38 PM
BlazingPedals

Bikes: Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, Catrike Speed

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1514 Post(s)
Liked 734 Times in 455 Posts
You don't have your location in your profile. Are you somewhere where weather allows some riding during the winter? I should have brought my bike in a few weeks (OK, a month) ago, but keep procrastinating. I have always taken winters off but as I get older getting back into shape in the spring keeps getting harder and harder! Anyway, try to put in a few miles consistently until nicer weather comes back; it'll make group rides in the spring SOOOO much easier.
Old 12-14-21, 08:09 PM
CycleGemini

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by delbiker1
CG, welcome to the Forums. Nice bike, take care of it and ride it like you own it. Enjoy the ride, be safe.
Thank you, I should have good news today or tomorrow from the bike store. Also , my other accessories will arrive in two days, excited!
Old 12-14-21, 08:13 PM
CycleGemini

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by BlazingPedals
You don't have your location in your profile. Are you somewhere where weather allows some riding during the winter? I should have brought my bike in a few weeks (OK, a month) ago, but keep procrastinating. I have always taken winters off but as I get older getting back into shape in the spring keeps getting harder and harder! Anyway, try to put in a few miles consistently until nicer weather comes back; it'll make group rides in the spring SOOOO much easier.
I am in Chengdu, China, here the temperature is always above 0 during winter. So I think it is still fine for me to ride. Just try to avoid the raining days. The reason I buy the bike now, is recently there are a lot out of stock issue for the bikes, so they say, as long as you have something fit your size and you like, grab it immediately or someone else will do! Haha! Another reason is I know there will be some group ride activities hold next Spring, as I am a totally newbie, I hope I can do some training before that, so I won't be too bad for the group ride.
Old 12-14-21, 08:41 PM
SpedFast
Just Pedaling

Bikes: YEP!

Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked 522 Times in 348 Posts
Welcome CycleGemini, your English is very good. You got yourself a nice bike with a good group set that should last you a long while. Enjoy,
Likes For SpedFast:
Old 12-19-21, 06:46 PM
CycleGemini

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thank you SpedFast! I will get my bike today, and begin my ride.
Likes For CycleGemini:
Old 12-19-21, 08:02 PM
SpedFast
Just Pedaling

Bikes: YEP!

Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked 522 Times in 348 Posts
Originally Posted by CycleGemini
Thank you SpedFast! I will get my bike today, and begin my ride.
I'm excited for you!
Old 12-29-21, 04:57 PM
corabora4

Bikes: Gazelle (working on further ID)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Did you get your bike? Would love to see a photo!