Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Help identifying velosport frame

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-22, 10:51 AM
Frenzen

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Help identifying velosport frame

I will be buying this frame for $20 soon, it might be either be Courier, routier.

Also would this be a good project to make a fixed speed or single speed bike? I do not want to spend much, that is why I am asking.

Last edited by Frenzen; 05-05-22 at 10:58 AM.
Old 05-05-22, 11:07 AM
TugaDude

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 586 Post(s)
Liked 612 Times in 447 Posts
I'd give that frame a careful examination. Might be the angle of the photograph, but the chainstay on the non-drive side looks like it might be bent.
Likes For TugaDude:
Old 05-05-22, 11:43 AM
Frenzen

Originally Posted by TugaDude
I'd give that frame a careful examination. Might be the angle of the photograph, but the chainstay on the non-drive side looks like it might be bent.

Here you go, I think that metal part that is attached to chainring might be salvageable. I am not sure but the frame looks kinda crooked
Old 05-05-22, 12:13 PM
TugaDude

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 586 Post(s)
Liked 612 Times in 447 Posts
The picture shot from behind the rear triangle seems to indicate a substantial bend in the left (NDS) chainstay..
Likes For TugaDude:
Old 05-05-22, 12:26 PM
Frenzen

The picture shot from behind the rear triangle seems to indicate a substantial bend in the left (NDS) chainstay..
I guess I will pass on it, thanks for saving me time and $20!
Old 05-05-22, 02:34 PM
SoccerBallXan

Bikes: Many!

Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked 206 Times in 124 Posts
I don't mean to be so brash, but purchasing this bicycle for any price would be purchasing a headache with hours of unnecessary work. In fact, I believe that at the end of it all, I myself might even just toss that frame into the trash bin, even if I had spent $20 on it.
Old 05-05-22, 07:17 PM
zukahn1 

Bikes: Current 79 Nishiki Custum Sport, Jeunet 620, notable previous bikes P.K. Ripper loop tail, Kawahara Laser Lite, Paramount Track full chrome, Raliegh Internatioanl, Motobecan Super Mirage. 59 Crown royak 3 speed

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 789 Post(s)
Liked 1,739 Times in 630 Posts
+One the frame and fork look out of true to me and likely Japanese Kawamura built which are typically semi crash proof so if bad run don't walk away. I would pass or stop. While nice ounce nice this frame is lower mid end and has issues and is not worth building .
Old 05-05-22, 07:22 PM
curbtender

Bikes: Miyata 618 GT, Marinoni, Kestral 200 2002 Trek 5200, KHS Flite, Koga Miyata, Schwinn Spitfire 5, Mondia Special, Univega Alpina, Miyata team Ti, Santa Cruz Highball

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 1604 Post(s)
Liked 2,569 Times in 1,217 Posts
Looks like a Christine...
Old 05-05-22, 07:28 PM
zukahn1 

Bikes: Current 79 Nishiki Custum Sport, Jeunet 620, notable previous bikes P.K. Ripper loop tail, Kawahara Laser Lite, Paramount Track full chrome, Raliegh Internatioanl, Motobecan Super Mirage. 59 Crown royak 3 speed

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 789 Post(s)
Liked 1,739 Times in 630 Posts
+One the frame and fork look out of true to me and likely Japanese Kawamura built which are typically semi crash proof so if b it looks the least bit off bad run don't walk away. While nice ounce nice this frame is lower mid end and has issues and is not worth building IMHO.