Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

Zwift club ride (experimental)

Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-22, 10:30 AM
Bald Paul

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 815 Post(s)
Liked 1,647 Times in 776 Posts

The new Clubs feature has been released in Zwift. I created the SORTIE Cycling group as an experiment to test out some of the "Club" features.

UPDATE: after digging further into the Club settings, I've determined that they really aren't worth it for social rides. They are geared more towards racing or structured group workouts. And the only real difference I could see between a Club Event and a Meetup is that the "rubber band" effect that keeps everyone together in a Meetup isn't available in a Club event. You still have to go through the process of getting people to follow you in Zwift so you can invite them to join the club, instead of joining a Meetup. Just not worthwhile for me.
Now, if Zwift would only come up with a method to delete a created club....

Last edited by Bald Paul; 01-31-22 at 04:58 PM.
Old 01-29-22, 05:15 PM
gthomson

Bikes: 2013 Cannondale Caad 8, 2010 Opus Fidelio, 1985 Peugeot UO14, 1999 Peugeot Dune, Sakai Select, L'Avantage, 1971 Gitane Apache Standard, 1999 Specialized Hard Rock

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 548 Post(s)
Liked 473 Times in 302 Posts
I usually Zwift on Tuesday nights when I'm not playing hockey so I'll try make it out that night.
Likes For gthomson:
Old 02-01-22, 07:55 AM
gthomson

Bikes: 2013 Cannondale Caad 8, 2010 Opus Fidelio, 1985 Peugeot UO14, 1999 Peugeot Dune, Sakai Select, L'Avantage, 1971 Gitane Apache Standard, 1999 Specialized Hard Rock

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 548 Post(s)
Liked 473 Times in 302 Posts
Thanks for the update, will jump on the Stage 7 TDZ instead.
Old 02-01-22, 11:21 AM
sdmc530
Heft On Wheels

Bikes: Specialized,Cannondale,Argon 18

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 887 Post(s)
Liked 560 Times in 346 Posts
Clubs are a great idea but I too think they failed it so far. What kills me is only 100 people per club for now. I mean I ride with DIRT and no way that would ever work. Meetup is still the only way to go IMO.
Old 02-02-22, 12:56 PM
esarhaddon
Lurker

Bikes: Trek Domane Koppenberg, Bombtrack Hook 2, Jamis Durango

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 16 Posts
There are a couple of reasons I can think of that Club event would be more fitting for than a meetup.

1. Starts in the pens and the finish line will be the same for everyone unlike a meetup, so you can actually do a race and have meaningful results.
2. Easier to set up. (You don't have to invite everyone to the event!) Other riders in the club can join from the Companion app, or you can post the event link somewhere for Club members and even other people to click to join depending on how you setup the event.
3. You can add the event to Zwiftpower.
4. You can set a Ride Leader and a Sweeper.
5. You can set different pens or make it a Women only event.

Also the 100 person Club limit does not seem to be that much of an issue when you can make events and share links for people outside the Club.

Though yeah. No group workouts yet or banded rides, so are still some options they need to add for people who want to setup those events!
Old 02-04-22, 06:25 PM
Ed Wiser

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 130 Times in 79 Posts
There is just a ton of groups on Zwift to the point it gets confusing. Just scrolling they the event tab you see new group rides constantly. I don’t think Zwift will every reach the number of users they had last January. When you would log on an there where just a ton of people on the app. .
Old 02-05-22, 12:24 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,687 Times in 2,510 Posts
we had a group on zwift and it makes sense to make it a club, but the member limit is a bit low. Can still invite people to events, but it's easier if they are in the club. And most of our rides were rubber banded