Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational)
Reload this Page >

I bought a small handlebar bag

Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

I bought a small handlebar bag

Old 01-13-22, 10:25 AM
jonathanf2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 439 Post(s)
Liked 999 Times in 428 Posts
I just use feed bags. They're cheap, sturdy, multi-purpose, easy to remove and don't interfere with my front cabling and lights.
Likes For jonathanf2:
Old 01-14-22, 01:28 AM
diphthong

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1619 Post(s)
Liked 3,087 Times in 1,670 Posts
Originally Posted by jonathanf2
I just use feed bags. They're cheap, sturdy, multi-purpose, easy to remove and don't interfere with my front cabling and lights.
you're not helping the narrative.
Likes For diphthong:
Old 01-14-22, 01:55 PM
jonathanf2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 439 Post(s)
Liked 999 Times in 428 Posts
Originally Posted by ooga-booga
you're not helping the narrative.
I can carry two feed bags on long rides, one with an extra water bottle and the other with snacks, power bank charger plugged directly into my phone and my small camera. This way I don't have to adjust my GPS mount or move my lights. Everything else just slips into my rear jersey pockets. Plus I don't get why all the drop bar bags are boutique? I wish Topeak made similar front bags to their saddle bags which I really like. I don't need a big one either, just a bag large enough to fit small items.
Likes For jonathanf2:
Old 01-14-22, 02:11 PM
bark_eater 

Bikes: Road ready: 1993 Koga Miyata City Liner Touring Hybrid, 1989 Centurion Sport DLX, "I Blame GP" Bridgestone CB-1. Projects: Yea, I got a problem....

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 752 Post(s)
Liked 732 Times in 419 Posts
Originally Posted by trailangel
Lousy work in progress shot, but both bags are Banjo Brothers and I haven't had a problem with either. I did use some double sided Velcro wrap to suspend the handlebar bag from the bottom of the handle bar. That way I get the full range of hand positions.

Likes For bark_eater: