Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

So long

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-21, 08:57 AM
wphamilton

Bikes: Nashbar Road

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2934 Post(s)
Liked 341 Times in 228 Posts
So long

I think I've had enough of BF behaviors, not excluding some of the mods. For the rest, it's been fun. Happy trails.

Moderator, ban me please
Likes For wphamilton:
Old 05-05-21, 09:07 AM
Cyclist0108
Occam's Rotor

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 2366 Post(s)
Liked 2,331 Times in 1,164 Posts
I think it would be unfortunate for many of us if you left.

I agree, some of the so-called moderators work hand-in-hand with the bullies and trolls.

When they appear to officially enable the racists, it gets pretty ugly. I applaud you for standing up to it.
Likes For Cyclist0108:
Old 05-05-21, 09:36 AM
MinnMan

Bikes: 2022 Salsa Beargrease Carbon Deore 11, 2020 Salsa Warbird GRX 600, 2020 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX disc 9.0 Di2, 2020 Catrike Eola, 2016 Masi cxgr, 2011, Felt F3 Ltd, 2010 Trek 2.1, 2009 KHS Flite 220

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 4367 Post(s)
Liked 3,001 Times in 1,854 Posts
For the time being, I'm just spending little or no time in the P&R and other places where the discussion goes that way. I'm tired with the proverbial "wrestling with the pig" stuff. Bikes, gear, training, bike racing, etc. are the reasons I cane to bf originally and the reason why I'll stay.

Maybe at some later point I'll reenter the more contentious fray.

And as we all say, YMMV.

But anyway, bon voyage and happy trails.
Likes For MinnMan:
Old 05-05-21, 09:58 AM
Flip Flop Rider

Bikes: 2010 Fuji Absolute 3.0 1994 Trek 850

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 762 Post(s)
Liked 555 Times in 322 Posts
always enjoyed your posts and good luck
Likes For Flip Flop Rider:
Old 05-05-21, 11:18 AM
ridelikeaturtle

Bikes: Bianchi Ti Megatube; Colnago Competition; Planet-X EC-130E; Klein Pulse; Amp Research B4; Litespeed Catalyst; Trek Y11

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Liked 478 Times in 258 Posts
Originally Posted by wphamilton
I think I've had enough of BF behaviors, not excluding some of the mods. For the rest, it's been fun. Happy trails.

Moderator, ban me please
I was thinking the same, and will work to limit my time here, especially when I feel I contribute a lot more than I get back. My life would certainly improve.

Now if the weather would do the same, it'd be easier to get offline...
Old 05-05-21, 11:22 AM
10 Wheels
Galveston County Texas

Bikes: 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1349 Post(s)
Liked 1,243 Times in 621 Posts

Moderator, ban me please
NO Need to be Banned.

Old 05-05-21, 01:25 PM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 1,403 Times in 898 Posts

Moderator, ban me please
If you are having issue with any of the moderation team, I would appreciated enlightenment so it can be handled. But since I didnt get any notification, I cannot fix what is broken.

It's not necessary to ban you, just log out and if you dont log back in, your account will go dormant.

Originally Posted by wgscott
I think it would be unfortunate for many of us if you left.

I agree, some of the so-called moderators work hand-in-hand with the bullies and trolls.

When they appear to officially enable the racists, it gets pretty ugly. I applaud you for standing up to it.
Yes, the trolls are handled if we are aware of them and a lot of times the ones that report them ARE the trolls themselves who want to get the person they don't like in trouble. With each report we go back and look at history so if it seems like it's not being handled, it just takes time. And every one on my team are volunteers.

As for enabling racists, it's really hard to do since most of the team are people of color and would cause friction on the team. I would love for you to send examples of that to me , so it can be addressed. This is the first time I've heard of racism happening amongst the moderation team.
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Likes For Siu Blue Wind:
Old 05-05-21, 01:27 PM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 1,403 Times in 898 Posts
Since he will be leaving, this thread will be closed because we do not allow discussion regarding former members, especially if they cannot reply.
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Likes For Siu Blue Wind: