Go Back  Bike Forums > The Racer's Forum > "The 33"-Road Bike Racing
Reload this Page >

Tour de WTF? (Moore 3/4 Race)

Search
Notices
"The 33"-Road Bike Racing We set this forum up for our members to discuss their experiences in either pro or amateur racing, whether they are the big races, or even the small backyard races. Don't forget to update all the members with your own race results.

Tour de WTF? (Moore 3/4 Race)

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-07, 10:27 AM
jfmckenna
Tiocfáidh ár Lá

Bikes: A whole bunch-a bikes.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 460 Post(s)
Liked 123 Times in 76 Posts
Good point. In hindsight I was talking to my teammates yesterday about it. I suggested that we probably should have just rotated our own little pace line off the front basically ignoring the field behind us. There would have been plenty of time to recover. We tried to do this as soon as the break went away. We had a little talk and decided to sit in and see if anybody else would do anything. One of our guys got up there but as soon as he did the pair rotated and attacked. He got up again and they did the same thing. They did not want him in the break and he couldn't hold on after bridging. We only really got back to the front again towards the end. I think you are right though with out the clusterF we very well may have cought those guys. Was there not a big App State showing?

Originally Posted by recneps
John?

Honestly with no big teams in the field we looked at you guys the bring them back you guys had like 10 riders in the field, yet I saw no real effort to bring the break back.

A lot of guys got to the the front with the intention of bringing the break back but no one wanted to work with them, I point out me and two other Mock Orange riders that tired to start is pace line at the front then after we were done with our pulls no one pulled through.

Snuff was doing tons of work at the front with little help that I saw, if the field had not had a crash and not been led off course, the break would have been brought back between the railroad tracks and the finish the run-in would have simply been too fast, and I actuatly think that the second group from the field did swallow up the break meters from the finish.
Old 04-30-07, 12:08 PM
recneps

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jfmckenna
Good point. In hindsight I was talking to my teammates yesterday about it. I suggested that we probably should have just rotated our own little pace line off the front basically ignoring the field behind us. There would have been plenty of time to recover. We tried to do this as soon as the break went away. We had a little talk and decided to sit in and see if anybody else would do anything. One of our guys got up there but as soon as he did the pair rotated and attacked. He got up again and they did the same thing. They did not want him in the break and he couldn't hold on after bridging. We only really got back to the front again towards the end. I think you are right though with out the clusterF we very well may have cought those guys. Was there not a big App State showing?
There were for sure 3 guys from app there, but I saw the face of two of them going through the feed zone andthey looked like they were hurting a bit so I'm not sure.

Yeah I thought that was funny that the break didnt let that guys from vtech (I know I saw him in a state jersey a couple of weeks ago) bridge, he would have had 8 guys blocking for him, oh well.
Old 04-30-07, 07:03 PM
DreamTheater
Go Pre!

Bikes: Trek 1500

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Glad I backed out at the last minute. I registered and paid online....but ended up as a no show.
Old 04-30-07, 09:42 PM
thomspins

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
did they ever post the results anywhere??

I got caught up taking the wrong turn with the front 15 guys or so.. ended up turning back..

eager to see how they listed the results for that one..

-thom
1 of the southeast investments (sicycling) guys..