Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Living Car Free
Reload this Page >

Carfree camping with cargo bikes

Notices
Living Car Free Do you live car free or car light? Do you prefer to use alternative transportation (bicycles, walking, other human-powered or public transportation) for everyday activities whenever possible? Discuss your lifestyle here.

Old 07-25-22, 09:05 AM
amitzinman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

A lot of people keep a car on the side to go on nature adventures or might even rent one, but not us! We take a variety of cargo bikes and bikes with trailers to camping trips.
Here is a video showing one of our trips, from SE Portland to Oxbow Regional Park.
Likes For amitzinman:
Old 07-25-22, 07:39 PM
50PlusCycling

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 544 Post(s)
Liked 783 Times in 399 Posts
We’ll rent a car. Getting cargo bikes, camping equipment, kids and a dog out of central Tokyo and out to the countryside is not something I even want to think about. We’ll be doing a camping car trip in Europe next year, at least you can stay dry when moving about. If I’m going solo, going by bike is no problem.