Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Which Dura Ace hood ?

Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Which Dura Ace hood ?

Old 01-09-21, 11:56 AM
Tomm Willians

Bikes: Subject to change at any given moment but currently is...... Colnago Mapei, Colnago C40, Wilier Triestina Carbon, Wilier Triestina Ramato, Follis 472, Peugeot PX60, Razesa, Orbea Terra, Soma Pescadero and 1/2 owner of a Santana tandem.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked 774 Times in 260 Posts
Which Dura Ace hood ?

I need to replace the hoods on one of my wife’s bikes which has vintage Dura Ace levers. I’m not sure what hoods to buy as there seems to be numerous model numbers used through the years that all look similar to me.

Old 01-10-21, 08:13 AM
easyupbug 

Bikes: too many sparkly Italians, some sweet Americans and a couple interesting Japanese

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 560 Post(s)
Liked 546 Times in 396 Posts
Your levers are Shimano M-140 / MA-100, the first generation of Dura Ace. Don't think you can find any stock and if you did would need $$$ but I used Cane Creek Dia-Compe Non-Aero hoods and the fit is pretty good. You might post over on the Classic and Vintage forum and see if someone has a better update.
Likes For easyupbug:
Old 01-10-21, 09:43 AM
Tomm Willians

Bikes: Subject to change at any given moment but currently is...... Colnago Mapei, Colnago C40, Wilier Triestina Carbon, Wilier Triestina Ramato, Follis 472, Peugeot PX60, Razesa, Orbea Terra, Soma Pescadero and 1/2 owner of a Santana tandem.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked 774 Times in 260 Posts
Originally Posted by easyupbug
Your levers are Shimano M-140 / MA-100, the first generation of Dura Ace. Don't think you can find any stock and if you did would need $$$ but I used Cane Creek Dia-Compe Non-Aero hoods and the fit is pretty good. You might post over on the Classic and Vintage forum and see if someone has a better update.
Thank you !
Old 01-10-21, 01:06 PM
rccardr 
aka: Dr. Cannondale

Mentioned: 234 Post(s)
Quoted: 2151 Post(s)
Liked 3,380 Times in 1,198 Posts
Try eBay seller cycling_colors france. He has a number of unusual repro hoods available, some in colors.
Ships from france but only took about ten days the last time I ordered.
The ones that come in white, brown (not gum) or black are the best fit for 1st gen DA, at least they were on mine.