Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Post up the Schwinn bikes you have that made them famous!

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Old 04-27-21, 03:28 AM
TheMoonManCasey

Bikes: 76 Schwinn Sting-Ray, 67 Schwinn Fastback, 84 Schwinn Sierra, 84 unnamed tour bike.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I noticed Schwinn Sting-Rays don't get much attention on here so I want to see what you all have. Post up your 1963-1982 Schwinn Sting-Rays, Krates, Fatbacks, Manta-Rays, Run-A-Bouts, Midgets, Mini Twinns, Lil' Tigers, Fairladys, Slik Chiks, and Stardust's. Let's stay away from the OCC stuff if you don't mind and no reproductions.

I currently have a '76 Schwinn Sting-Ray waiting to be repainted back to the original yellow it used to be and I'm currently sourcing out parts for a '67 Schwinn Fastback.
Old 05-02-21, 07:00 PM
montclairbobbyb 
Recovering Bikeaholic

Bikes: 84 Specialized Expedtion, 85 StumpJumper, 85 Schwinn Cimarron, 2019 VO Polyvalent, 2007 Niner MCR, 2008 Niner SIR

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 128 Times in 47 Posts
Did you say StingRay**********

I owned this original beauty for a spell, but ultimately sold it to a collector, where it traveled around the country, admired by adoring fans.... unlike the well-intentioned, but cold and lonely garage existence that I kept it under. Getting it into the hands of a collector was the best thing I could do for this.... (sniff).... A 1972 Disc Orange Krate (sigh)....

Old 05-02-21, 07:03 PM
Wileyone 

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 1858 Post(s)
Liked 605 Times in 402 Posts
Here's mine.
Likes For Wileyone:
Old 05-02-21, 07:36 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Quoted: 4493 Post(s)
Liked 6,300 Times in 3,633 Posts
These had a big hand in making Schwinn famous so the Sting-rays and Krates could get famous when they finally came along.

Did they ever make any lugged Sting rays?

Likes For merziac: