Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Time ADHX gravel/cx bike

Old 06-23-22, 09:41 AM
Caliwild

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked 660 Times in 276 Posts
Time ADHX gravel/cx bike

Hey gang,

Been looking at this frame and have only found a few reviews online...

https://timebicycles.us/collections/adhx

I know that Time bikes and their building methods are usually highly regarded, but wanted to know if anyone has any additional info... They sure look amazing. I know tire clearance isn't huge but I'm looking for something more like a cyclocross bike. Thanks in advance.
Likes For Caliwild:
Old 06-23-22, 10:59 AM
Noonievut

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked 254 Times in 127 Posts
I’m not a fan of brands that are usually road-oriented and late to the game on all-road/gravel. I’m in Canada so it may be different elsewhere, but I haven’t seen a Time bike on the road for over a decade (that does makes it more intriguing for me).
Old 06-23-22, 11:17 AM
Caliwild

Originally Posted by Noonievut
I’m not a fan of brands that are usually road-oriented and late to the game on all-road/gravel. I’m in Canada so it may be different elsewhere, but I haven’t seen a Time bike on the road for over a decade (that does makes it more intriguing for me).
Yeah, me neither but I live near a Time dealer in LA and have seen a a few Alp D'Huez and Skylon bikes on group rides. They look incredibly well-made and put other carbon frames to shame. So, when Time releases a gravel-ish bike, I am intrigued. Apparently, a new company purchased the brand from Rossingol, so there have been some changes in management... The main negative is that they're definitely not cheap. I can almost get a nice Moots titanium bike for the prices they're asking...
Likes For Caliwild:
Old 06-23-22, 11:40 AM
Noonievut

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked 254 Times in 127 Posts
Originally Posted by Caliwild
Yeah, me neither but I live near a Time dealer in LA and have seen a a few Alp D'Huez and Skylon bikes on group rides. They look incredibly well-made and put other carbon frames to shame. So, when Time releases a gravel-ish bike, I am intrigued. Apparently, a new company purchased the brand from Rossingol, so there have been some changes in management... The main negative is that they're definitely not cheap. I can almost get a nice Moots titanium bike for the prices they're asking...
Cool. Keep us posted in this forum!
Old 06-24-22, 08:23 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 3078 Post(s)
Liked 1,631 Times in 1,005 Posts
That’s a super looking sled, both by-the-numbers and aesthetically. I’d absolutely love to have a Time bike, and now that I’ve completed my initial exploration of the four major construction materials, perhaps I soon will get one. Time is a legendary brand, as I see things, and further remain unique and leading-edge, the kind of brand which only real heads know about, so that’s appealing to me, too. I love the translucent finish on this ADHX; the amber is fire!
Old 06-24-22, 12:04 PM
Caliwild

Originally Posted by chaadster
That’s a super looking sled, both by-the-numbers and aesthetically. I’d absolutely love to have a Time bike, and now that I’ve completed my initial exploration of the four major construction materials, perhaps I soon will get one. Time is a legendary brand, as I see things, and further remain unique and leading-edge, the kind of brand which only real heads know about, so that’s appealing to me, too. I love the translucent finish on this ADHX; the amber is fire!
Yes! I'm so close to pulling the trigger on the amber one with Ekar... Just trying to decide whether I should go for the ADHX or a titanium bike. Any thoughts on a Ti bike vs. something like this?
Old 06-24-22, 07:12 PM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII

Yes! I'm so close to pulling the trigger on the amber one with Ekar... Just trying to decide whether I should go for the ADHX or a titanium bike. Any thoughts on a Ti bike vs. something like this?
Oh, I dunno…a great bike is so much more than just the frame material. Speaking as someone with road bikes in the four major materials— steel, aluminum, titanium and carbon fiber— I really don’t think there’s much in material choice from the consumer perspective, aside from price, looks and
weight…sometimes.
Old 06-27-22, 09:41 AM
Caliwild

Oh, I dunno…a great bike is so much more than just the frame material. Speaking as someone with road bikes in the four major materials— steel, aluminum, titanium and carbon fiber— I really don’t think there’s much in material choice from the consumer perspective, aside from price, looks and
weight…sometimes.
Yeah, I think I agree with you... never tried titanium but have had enough steel, carbon and aluminum bikes that I sometimes even feel that tires are more important than frame material (at least for comfort & feel). The geometry has more impact on handling than anything else IMO.
Old 06-27-22, 10:13 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Yeah, I think I agree with you... never tried titanium but have had enough steel, carbon and aluminum bikes that I sometimes even feel that tires are more important than frame material (at least for comfort & feel). The geometry has more impact on handling than anything else IMO.
And from an engineering perspective, with carbon fiber, there’s so much more control and fine-tuning of handling and ride quality compared to constructing in metal… so for sure get the Time!
Old 08-02-22, 02:08 PM
Caliwild

OK, I pulled the trigger on the gloss carbon Ekar build... I like the understated look versus the other brighter ones (almost went with the amber but chickened out)... Ordered the full build without the wheelset, as my local shop has some of the new Campy Shamal C21's in stock.... Figured they'd match well with the full Campy groupset... Going to run it as more of an allroad bike instead of a full gravel bike (I have another full gravel bike with 700x40s). So, I got lucky and found some Continental GP5000 TR tires in a size 700x30 locally (tan sidewalls, of course). I'll post pics once the shop builds it up... Thanks to chaadster for pushing me to get it!

Likes For Caliwild:
Old 08-02-22, 03:31 PM
tdilf

Bikes: Niner RLT RDO, Trek Remedy 9.8

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked 117 Times in 70 Posts
Really sweet bike Cali!
Likes For tdilf:
Old 08-02-22, 07:48 PM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Ooh, Campy C21s?!? What’s this magic??! Gotta check those out…

Congrats on the Time!!! Straight up dreamy! Looking forward to hearing your impressions and reviews.
Old 08-05-22, 11:47 AM
Caliwild

Ooh, Campy C21s?!? What’s this magic??! Gotta check those out…

Congrats on the Time!!! Straight up dreamy! Looking forward to hearing your impressions and reviews.
Will do... I'll hopefully have it in a week. Almost went with the new Campy Levante wheelset but the Shamals are more aero (and I like the lacing)...
Old 08-11-22, 08:21 AM
Caliwild

Some photos

My bike shop sent some pics they took of the completed product... Can't wait to go pick it up!

Old 08-11-22, 10:07 AM
jonathanf2

Quoted: 439 Post(s)
Liked 999 Times in 428 Posts
Beautiful bike! Now hit some dirt in Los Angeles!
Likes For jonathanf2:
Old 08-11-22, 10:04 PM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Tres boss!!
Likes For chaadster:
Old 08-18-22, 09:29 AM
Caliwild

Ride update

OK, I hate to gush but I'm loving this bike so far... Very planted and aero on descents (I hit a new top speed for me on one particular fast descent). Yet it climbs pretty darn well for a bike that isn't superlight (I weighed it at 18.5 lbs with the pedals, cages and computer mount). And I am very pleasantly surprised by how crisp the shifting is on the Ekar. Definitely take a little more push to shift but the clicks are very clear (there's never a doubt that it shifted). The 700x30 Continental GP5000s are super supple (tubeless) and roll very, very fast. Even the Arundel bar tape that TIME chose to use is very grippy without being sticky. The Deda gravel components really match well with the overall theme, and the Repente Quasar saddle (which I had never heard of before) is surprisingly comfortable. Overall, as you can tell, I am very happy with my decision... Here is the list of components (minus the tires) and a photo of the final build...

Likes For Caliwild:
Old 08-18-22, 09:42 AM
Caliwild

BTW, this video sold me on TIME and their process for building good carbon bikes...

Old 08-19-22, 12:09 PM
Caliwild

I really like the mono stay...

Likes For Caliwild:
Old 08-20-22, 10:18 AM
jonathanf2

Quoted: 439 Post(s)
Liked 999 Times in 428 Posts
I don't gush over bike frames often, but your bike looks amazing!
Likes For jonathanf2:
Old 08-20-22, 08:47 PM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Yeah, such a tremendously attractive and impressive bike, Caliwild !

There’s a noticeable difference between 18.5lbs and, say, 16.5lbs, but for ride quality, versatility, and durability on gravel, I think 18.5lbs is right in the sweet spot.

Sure, I’d opt for a little more color pop if I could build one up, but that takes nothing away from yours, of course. Riding a Time would make me quite proud, and I hope you feel like a king on yours! Kudos!
Likes For chaadster:
Old 09-17-22, 09:39 PM
timcruz

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hey there! Just wondering if you ordered from Time's website or through a dealer? I just pulled the trigger on an Amber ADHX frame set from Time's Website to be built up with Ultegra 8150 and I'm wondering how long it might take to ship.
Old 09-19-22, 07:55 AM
Caliwild

Originally Posted by timcruz
Hey there! Just wondering if you ordered from Time's website or through a dealer? I just pulled the trigger on an Amber ADHX frame set from Time's Website to be built up with Ultegra 8150 and I'm wondering how long it might take to ship.
I also ordered directly from TIME. The frame arrived from Europe in about a week. The groupset arrived from their US headquarters in just a few days. Amber looks sweet too... almost went for that but was going for a stealth look with this one. Your bike should be awesome with Ultegra. Post pics when it's done... Congrats!
Old 09-19-22, 08:12 AM
timcruz

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I also ordered directly from TIME. The frame arrived from Europe in about a week. The groupset arrived from their US headquarters in just a few days. Amber looks sweet too... almost went for that but was going for a stealth look with this one. Your bike should be awesome with Ultegra. Post pics when it's done... Congrats!
Thanks man! Did you get hit with any duties or taxes when the frame arrived?
Old 09-19-22, 09:45 AM
Caliwild

Originally Posted by timcruz
Thanks man! Did you get hit with any duties or taxes when the frame arrived?
Nope! Just showed up at my bike shop, packaged perfectly. They sent me a tracking number and I was following it's route from Slovakia, through Germany and then to California. If you didn't get a tracking number, I'd suggest emailing info@timebicycles.com and they'll provide one.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.