Notices
Track Cycling: Velodrome Racing and Training Area Looking to enter into the realm of track racing? Want to share your experiences and tactics for riding on a velodrome? The Track Cycling forums is for you! Come in and discuss training/racing, equipment, and current track cycling events.

Giant Omnium

Old 01-20-22, 12:19 PM
sebasbike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts
Giant Omnium

Hey all,

Im getting a pretty good deal on a Giant Omnium. i already have a steel frameset for the track but kind of getting this at a steal. have any info to share or anything to look out for?
only reason im buying is because i just sold another bike i had so im kind of wanting to get a substitute.
Old 01-26-22, 12:31 PM
queerpunk
aka mattio

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 35 Posts
Totally decent bike.

A lot of times I tell people that many companies make a decent, semi-aero, aluminum track bike with a carbon fork, and while it's nothing fancy, it's affordable and can service a rider up to some very high levels. It's a good bike for getting started, and either seeing if you need something different, or carrying you through for a while.

Go for it. Especially if it's a good deal - it will free up your budget to spend money on contact points (saddle, bars, pedals), gears, and nicer wheels if you get to that point.