Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fitting Your Bike
Reload this Page >

Garmin RS 200/100 Pedal Deck Height

Search
Notices
Fitting Your Bike Are you confused about how you should fit a bike to your particular body dimensions? Have you been reading, found the terms Merxx or French Fit, and don’t know what you need? Every style of riding is different- in how you fit the bike to you, and the sizing of the bike itself. It’s more than just measuring your height, reach and inseam. With the help of Bike Fitting, you’ll be able to find the right fit for your frame size, style of riding, and your particular dimensions. Here ya’ go…..the location for everything fit related.

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-21, 03:47 PM
velocity
Dart Board

Bikes: 13 Super Six EVO Red, 2005 Six13, 2015 CAADX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

First posted this on the electronics side of the forum and probably should have done it here.
Question is:
Is the Garmin RS200/100 pedal deck height the same as the SL's? Should a fitting be done?
Thank you
V
Old 12-30-21, 11:40 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6193 Post(s)
Liked 4,809 Times in 3,317 Posts
Are you asking about the difference in height from their spd to spd-sls?

I'm just going to say it's not worth bothering to know. What's the difference in cleat height from the bottom of any shoes you might get and the shoe sole thickness between your foot and cleat? Saddle can be moved up or down a tad and if it's really really important for your fit to the bike, then crank length can be changed.

I might be wrong about this, but I've never really seen any articles discussing this as a problem to watch out for.
Old 12-30-21, 06:06 PM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4405 Post(s)
Liked 4,856 Times in 3,004 Posts
I think he is asking if the pedal stack height for the Garmin pedals is the same as the Shimano SPD-SL pedals. Shimano 105, Ultegra and DA pedals all have different stack heights. 16.5 mm for 105 down to 13.7 for DA (current models). Garmin quote a stack height of 12.2 mm for their RS pedals, so if that's accurate then the saddle needs adjusting down by up to 4 mm depending on what SL pedal we are comparing against.
Likes For PeteHski:
Old 12-31-21, 12:21 PM
velocity
Dart Board

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
I think he is asking if the pedal stack height for the Garmin pedals is the same as the Shimano SPD-SL pedals. Shimano 105, Ultegra and DA pedals all have different stack heights. 16.5 mm for 105 down to 13.7 for DA (current models). Garmin quote a stack height of 12.2 mm for their RS pedals, so if that's accurate then the saddle needs adjusting down by up to 4 mm depending on what SL pedal we are comparing against.
yes , thank you this is what I was referring to.
V
Old 12-31-21, 04:01 PM
blacknbluebikes 

Bikes: two blacks, a blue and a white.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 445 Post(s)
Liked 847 Times in 410 Posts
Last summer I swapped from shimano 105 pedals to the garmin rally pedals (100). Noticed no change in "stack" whatsoever. Immaterial, if any. I saved the garmin-provided cleats, however, and left my existing cleats (shimano yellow) on the shoes. I've noticed that the cleat-pedal fit is indeed slightly different - verrry slightly - and presents as a bit more "lateral heal play". Not problematic in any way whatsoever, but seems to indicate that the pedal mold is very slightly different. Very happy with the product after five months, btw.
Likes For blacknbluebikes:
Old 02-03-22, 12:48 PM
velocity
Dart Board

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ok, after having them for a month the jury says that "they are fine and no issues for needing a refit to the bike that is not already needed." Actually pretty happy with the purchase and the extra numbers I get from their use.
Rubber side down
V