Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

front/rear lights combination system??

Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

front/rear lights combination system??

Old 01-05-21, 10:25 AM
Alphamoose

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
This is apples and oranges. The Focal Road edition is a _bar light_. The Hangover is a _helmet_ light. What helmet light will not 'blind cars'?
Old 01-05-21, 10:29 AM
jadocs

Bikes: Ti, Mn Cr Ni Mo Nb, Al, C

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 942 Post(s)
Liked 526 Times in 349 Posts
Doesn't Garmin make smart lights? To my knowledge you need to run a compatible Garmin head unit as well.
Old 01-05-21, 12:09 PM
polyphrast

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Alphamoose
This is apples and oranges. The Focal Road edition is a _bar light_. The Hangover is a _helmet_ light. What helmet light will not 'blind cars'?
Hangover is an offroad light intended mostly for helmet use, in use with either the Trail Edition or the Trail Evo on the bar. Still anyone can attach the hangover to a bar with any gopro mount.
But in case of the original Outbound Downhill Edition (Trail & Road Edition), before the release of the Hangover, the road edition was also intended to be a helmet light. Attach the GoPro Mount and there you have a helmet light.
In case you do not believe me: youtube.com/watch?v=IBcJUYLPYSo&t5m50s

But yes, in generally, yes most helmet lights do not have a cut-off, but i believe this is mostly a issue of costs and the fact that on trails there is no need for a cut-off.
Old 01-05-21, 04:51 PM
mrv 
buy my bikes

Bikes: my very own customized GUNNAR CrossHairs

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked 426 Times in 248 Posts
Originally Posted by polyphrast
If you want to run B&M lights on a battery, get an e-bike dedicated light from B&M. The usually accept 6-40V Input current, same for their e-bike taillights. If Peter White doesn't list them, for sure one of the german online shops will ship it to the states.
Forgot the IQ, take the IQ Premium. The "Cyo Premium" uses the same optics as the IQ Premium. I'd recommend an IQ-X(E), of if you like an integrated high beam, grab a IQ-
One bug I've got in my brain is to have a light with an internal battery that will still run when I connect an external battery.
Those E bike lights are tempting, but then I always need an external pack.
Im still thinking about it.
Old 01-05-21, 04:55 PM
10 Wheels
Galveston County Texas

Bikes: 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Quoted: 1349 Post(s)
Liked 1,243 Times in 621 Posts
Originally Posted by mrv
One bug I've got in my brain is to have a light with an internal battery that will still run when I connect an external battery.
I use these and carry an extra one.
$13.82 8.4V 6000mAh Rechargeable 4*18650 Battery Pack - IPX6 waterproof at FastTech - Free Shipping

Old 01-06-21, 03:55 AM
polyphrast

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by mrv
I know for sure from user reports that the B&M Ixon Space (which is the battery version of the IQ-XE, has 18 Wh capacity) can be charged while in use, and i strongly suspect the upcoming B&M Ixon Rock will be able to do the same (since both lights offer a power bank function). If those are too expensive at peter white and/or you don't want to order from europe and you have a bit of time, wait for the above mentioned new self-contained road light from Outbound Lighting, that for sure will allow pass through charging while in use.
Likes For polyphrast:
Old 01-08-21, 12:38 PM
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 511 Post(s)
Quoted: 7345 Post(s)
Liked 2,450 Times in 1,429 Posts
I have an Ixon Core, and it can take a charge while it’s working. I suspect all of the Ixon models can.

“When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.” — Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.
Old 01-08-21, 05:02 PM
mrv 
buy my bikes

Bikes: my very own customized GUNNAR CrossHairs

Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked 426 Times in 248 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
I have an Ixon Core, and it can take a charge while it’s working. I suspect all of the Ixon models can.
https://www.bumm.de/files/Produkte/A...%20180+195.pdf

- And so it is! I think the other IXON PDFs do not show this detail, so I could not figure out what type of connector was going into the light. The above PDF shows it. A couple of the other B+M lights use NiMH batteries, which I think don't charge via USB (but I may be mistaken....)
I went ahead and asked my LBS to order me a Light & Motion Vis-Pro 1000, which allows using an charging.
Someone (somewhere) mentioned the TRELOCK rear light will will while being charged. The website does not say so, but it dosen't say it don't !
https://www.trelock.com/en/light/lig...go-vector-rear
Likes For mrv: