Notices
Track Cycling: Velodrome Racing and Training Area Looking to enter into the realm of track racing? Want to share your experiences and tactics for riding on a velodrome? The Track Cycling forums is for you! Come in and discuss training/racing, equipment, and current track cycling events.

Interesting finds around the web

Old 01-04-18, 10:54 PM
MarkWW

Bikes: A little of each

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
The article is old, but Florida velodrome association shared this today: https://www.archdaily.com/261889/lux...charles-wagner

It reminds me of those concept bikes designed by design students who have never ridden a bike.
Old 01-05-18, 09:30 AM
queerpunk
aka mattio

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by MarkWW
The article is old, but Florida velodrome association shared this today: https://www.archdaily.com/261889/lux...charles-wagner

It reminds me of those concept bikes designed by design students who have never ridden a bike.
ugh stuff like this makes me so angry.
Old 01-07-18, 01:06 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
It's interesting to see the social media strategy that Beat Cycling Club has employed. They tweet...A LOT. Lots of coverage of training and events and behind the scenes stuff. It's really enlightening and enjoyable.

I can't say that I've ever seen a track team do this. Not sure if road teams are doing this. Pretty cool way to embrace technology.

https://twitter.com/beatcyclingclub
Old 01-07-18, 02:18 PM
SyntaxMonstr

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by carleton
It's interesting to see the social media strategy that Beat Cycling Club has employed. They tweet...A LOT. Lots of coverage of training and events and behind the scenes stuff. It's really enlightening and enjoyable.

I can't say that I've ever seen a track team do this. Not sure if road teams are doing this. Pretty cool way to embrace technology.

Their instagram is also fairly lit and pretty entertaining.
Old 01-07-18, 09:36 PM
Baby Puke

Bikes: Marin Stelvio, Pogliaghi SL, Panasonic NJS, Dolan DF4, Intense Pro24 BMX

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 365 Post(s)
Liked 87 Times in 58 Posts

I'd like to see some more racing video content on their site, big fan tho.
Old 01-09-18, 03:33 AM
ruudlaff

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts

Been following Roy van den Berg for a while, entertaining
Old 01-09-18, 12:27 PM
topflightpro

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 1851 Post(s)
Liked 678 Times in 429 Posts
I just saw a Facebook post from SRM where they are doing some aero testing at the velodrome in Pruszków, Poland. In one of the pictures, it looked like they were testing a new Origin version of their track SRM. The Origin arms use the Look pedal system to be able to be changed to three different lengths. It would be pretty convenient if they had arms that could be 165, 167 and 170.
Old 01-09-18, 01:29 PM
queerpunk
aka mattio

Bikes: yes

Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 35 Posts
Rotterdam Six Day live streaming:
https://www.rijnmond.nl/tv
Old 01-09-18, 01:39 PM
DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked 1,124 Times in 746 Posts
Originally Posted by MarkWW

I know the track design itself is suspect - (figure 8's -- really? ) But the concept of a multi-use facility would better justify the existence of some of the tracks out there that are or have been struggling to stay afloat

It would be hard to get Loggins & Messina out to the Superdrome to play in the infield for instance , but other community park type events would be possible to work in around the riding schedules

A BMX track would even fit comfortably in the infield of a lot of tracks ---- would serve the purpose of introducing young people to our sport, --- and dads and moms too nervous to bust out double jumps may feel more comfortable trying their hand on the boards as well
Old 01-09-18, 01:57 PM
carleton
Elitist

Originally Posted by topflightpro
I just saw a Facebook post from SRM where they are doing some aero testing at the velodrome in Pruszków, Poland. In one of the pictures, it looked like they were testing a new Origin version of their track SRM. The Origin arms use the Look pedal system to be able to be changed to three different lengths. It would be pretty convenient if they had arms that could be 165, 167 and 170.
That’s awesome. I recall seeing the road version on their website with mention of a track version.
Old 01-10-18, 12:19 PM
Poppit

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Photos from Grenchen https://www.flickr.com/photos/tissotvelodrome/
Old 01-10-18, 12:58 PM
rustymongrel

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by DMC707
I know the track design itself is suspect - (figure 8's -- really? ) But the concept of a multi-use facility would better justify the existence of some of the tracks out there that are or have been struggling to stay afloat

It would be hard to get Loggins & Messina out to the Superdrome to play in the infield for instance , but other community park type events would be possible to work in around the riding schedules

A BMX track would even fit comfortably in the infield of a lot of tracks ---- would serve the purpose of introducing young people to our sport, --- and dads and moms too nervous to bust out double jumps may feel more comfortable trying their hand on the boards as well
Milton has two (maybe three?) basketball courts in the infield that get used for badminton and volleyball as well. Seems to to work.
Old 01-10-18, 01:01 PM
carleton
Elitist

Originally Posted by rustymongrel
Milton has two (maybe three?) basketball courts in the infield that get used for badminton and volleyball as well. Seems to to work.
Yeah, a multi-use facility seems to be the best model. LA has a gym and (I think) movable volleyball courts in the infield.

I think if it's planned as a multi-use facility from the beginning with a clear plan on how that would work as well as protect the surface of the track, then it could work.
Old 01-10-18, 01:22 PM
Poppit

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Yeah, a multi-use facility seems to be the best model. LA has a gym and (I think) movable volleyball courts in the infield.

I think if it's planned as a multi-use facility from the beginning with a clear plan on how that would work as well as protect the surface of the track, then it could work.
Derby Arena | Track cycling | Gyms in Derby | Indoor sports | Gym classes | Events
Old 01-16-18, 01:20 PM
Poppit

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Minsk World Cup is this week, TISSOT UCI TRACK CYCLING WORLD CUP V | Tissot Timing

....and interview with Dan from Team KGF,

Last edited by Poppit; 01-17-18 at 07:48 AM.
Old 01-17-18, 11:58 AM
gycho77

Bikes: Serotta steel track bike, Specialized MTB

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
New wheelset from Dolan
https://www.dolan-bikes.com/bike-com...eid=701a239237
Old 01-18-18, 01:09 PM
carleton
Elitist

This is Track and Field (Athletics).

More than 30 Russian athletes participating in Siberian Indoor Championships last weekend abruptly withdrew from competition when drug testers arrived at the event.

According to the Russian sports website Championat, as many as 36 athletes cited various illnesses for withdrawing from the competition at the city of Irkutsk.
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...testers-arrive

This is getting weird:

In 2016, one Russian athlete tried to bribe a drug tester and another ran out of the stadium during her own race to avoid being tested, the World Anti-Doping Agency says.
But, it's being handled internally, so nothing to worry about:

The Russian track and field federation "has started an internal investigation" into the incident,
Old 01-18-18, 07:55 PM
taras0000
Lapped 3x

Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 20 Posts
But, it's being handled internally, so nothing to worry about:
Old 01-19-18, 04:22 AM
pierrej

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Haven't been here for a while, but fondled a team Aus BT Ultra today with a lot of our secret squirrel stuff, very cool bits going on and will post pics when I'm on the computer
Old 01-19-18, 05:20 AM
SyntaxMonstr

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by pierrej
Haven't been here for a while, but fondled a team Aus BT Ultra today with a lot of our secret squirrel stuff, very cool bits going on and will post pics when I'm on the computer
Are the Aus sprinters on Ultras as well? I was considering picking up a BT but couldn't decide between the Edge and Ultra. What do you think of the dropouts on the Ultra?
Old 01-19-18, 05:49 AM
carleton
Elitist

Originally Posted by pierrej
Can't wait!
Old 01-19-18, 06:03 AM
pierrej

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SyntaxMonstr
Are the Aus sprinters on Ultras as well? I was considering picking up a BT but couldn't decide between the Edge and Ultra. What do you think of the dropouts on the Ultra?
I think they switch between them for different events, looks like the ultras are used for timed events more than the edge where they'd probably want the slightly faster frame aerodynamically.
More traditional than the edges so might be easier to source but I'm sure both are more than adequate. If you're undecided maybe ask BT for a geo chart as I think there are subtle differences between the two, one being pursuit oriented and the other sprint.
Old 01-19-18, 06:09 AM
pierrej

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Can't wait!
Was hard to get a picture of properly (impossible) but how about a dual power aero carbon crankset chainring combo, Dura ace bolts of course
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg
PART_1516363536033.jpeg (282.1 KB, 185 views)
Old 01-19-18, 07:27 AM
gycho77

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
https://infocrankpower.com/products/...rank-pre-order

155mm to 175mm powermeter.

Inforcrank said "Early 2018 - contact us to place your pre-order. Initial round priced at $1100"
Old 01-19-18, 07:31 AM
gycho77

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
https://www.bikerumor.com/2016/07/01...h-todays-plan/

Old post about dual stages track powermeter

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.