Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Rear Derailleur

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Rear Derailleur

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-20, 07:45 PM
pavilionn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rear Derailleur

Hello everyone! So i currently purchased some old diamondback outlook db78 that has broken Derailleur. It's not really broken, looks like it's just sliding off hanger because some component is broken. I've been looking for exact same Shimano TX-31 Derailleur but can't find any online.

What would be the good replacement? I'm completely newbie so i appreciate any help. thanks!
Old 08-11-20, 08:48 AM
davei1980
Very Slow Rider

Bikes: Jones Plus LWB, 1983 Centurion Japanese CrMo bike

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 500 Post(s)
Liked 132 Times in 101 Posts
Originally Posted by pavilionn
Hello everyone! So i currently purchased some old diamondback outlook db78 that has broken Derailleur. It's not really broken, looks like it's just sliding off hanger because some component is broken. I've been looking for exact same Shimano TX-31 Derailleur but can't find any online.

What would be the good replacement? I'm completely newbie so i appreciate any help. thanks!
RD M310 will do the trick. There's also a Tourney version for $12 but Altus is a slight upgrade. I am thinking both should work with your shifter.

Nice thing about rear derailleurs is they last forever and the cheapest of the cheap ones still shift really well when set up correctly.
Old 08-11-20, 10:23 AM
pavilionn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davei1980
RD M310 will do the trick. There's also a Tourney version for $12 but Altus is a slight upgrade. I am thinking both should work with your shifter.

Nice thing about rear derailleurs is they last forever and the cheapest of the cheap ones still shift really well when set up correctly.
The problem is that all Rd M310 are out of stock and on Amazon it will be delivered within 1 to 2 months.
I just found RD TY300 that can be delivered tomorrow, will this one going to fit?
Old 08-11-20, 10:57 AM
davei1980
Very Slow Rider

Bikes: Jones Plus LWB, 1983 Centurion Japanese CrMo bike

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 500 Post(s)
Liked 132 Times in 101 Posts
Originally Posted by pavilionn
The problem is that all Rd M310 are out of stock and on Amazon it will be delivered within 1 to 2 months.
I just found RD TY300 that can be delivered tomorrow, will this one going to fit?
Yeah that should work I imagine.
As you're now finding out, one of the stranger impacts of COVID19 is the bike boom and the global shortage of bikes and related parts!

Can I also suggest making a trip to your local bike shop? Their prices often beat the internet, sometimes they'll install for free for something like this (something to consider since I doubt you have a chain breaker tool to remove your chain). They're also generally awesome guys to get to know. For stuff like this, they sometimes have new-old-stock lying around from customer upgrades they can sell you for cheap. Heck, if you were in my area I have a few derailleurs I'd give you!
Likes For davei1980: