2021 Trek Emonda SL

Old 01-28-21, 08:16 PM
Princess_Allez

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 40 Posts
2021 Trek Emonda SL

I'm searching for an SL5 or SL6 model in a size 52. If anyone has any leads, it is greatly appreciated. I went in store and was shown/told that there won't be any replenishment on these models for at least 135 days to a year+
Old 01-28-21, 08:28 PM
cyclic_eric

Bikes: 1984 Gitane TdF, 1986 Look Équipe, 1983 Colnago Super

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked 133 Times in 79 Posts
There's only a few ones left of the 2017-2020 models that are available on the eBay/Craigslist/Facebook marketplace... only a few 100 thousand available... absolutely trivial differences from year-to-year. Just get your (lightly used) Giant TCR or Specialized or Trek or Cannondale and get out and ride
Likes For cyclic_eric:
Old 01-30-21, 12:03 AM
ChrisAlbertson

Bikes: 70's frame, newer parts

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 27 Posts
COVID-19 has cleaned out bike shop inventory. I guess this is a good thing unless you are shopping for a new bike. What you were told is correct. Put your name on a waitlist and wait half a year.

Or go to a higher-end shop and buy a frame and have them build it up with your choice of components and pay $$$ but get a really great bike.

Or bike a used bike in your size and swap components as needed. If you can work on bikes this is the best option

There is a huge shortage of new bikes now and realistically it will be late 2021 or even 2022 until this clears up. It is a world-wide problem, not just here in the US.
Old 02-01-21, 10:38 AM
Tycho Brahe 

Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked 94 Times in 67 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrisAlbertson
Or go to a higher-end shop and buy a frame and have them build it up with your choice of components and pay $$$ but get a really great bike.
Part of the problem of the shortage is builders cannot access components. Frames are easier to come by compared to other items.
Old 02-01-21, 05:01 PM
eastsideride

Bikes: Checkpoint; Stache; Remedy; Slash; Emonda

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Princess_Allez
I'm searching for an SL5 or SL6 model in a size 52. If anyone has any leads, it is greatly appreciated. I went in store and was shown/told that there won't be any replenishment on these models for at least 135 days to a year+
If you haven't checked online, there is an inventory locator built into the product page of all bikes. Just select color and the size, then you should see a list of stores where the bike may be located at. Click the zip code to change it or to make it just show stores that have the bike you want in stock.

Hope that helps!
Likes For eastsideride:
Old 02-02-21, 01:09 PM
Tycho Brahe 

Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked 94 Times in 67 Posts
Been kinda waiting for a Canyon, but now you make me want a Trek Emonda SL. Trek stores are showing availability, but not dealers. Do not believe it since bikes are so hard to come by.
Likes For Tycho Brahe:
Old 02-07-21, 12:13 AM
Princess_Allez

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 40 Posts
Originally Posted by Tycho Brahe
Been kinda waiting for a Canyon, but now you make me want a Trek Emonda SL. Trek stores are showing availability, but not dealers. Do not believe it since bikes are so hard to come by.
Do it. The Emonda is pretty awesome. I found one out of state and they have agreed to ship.
Likes For Princess_Allez: